China—a rational people with courteous manners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-10 12:33:44 |Display all floors

re

Agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-10 19:46:19 |Display all floors

Hi

dear sleepye

Why do you attribute the judge of the final to AFC, and complaints from other Chinese opponents to their jealous toward China.  Can same logic be applied to the final?

Are you sure the anger of Chinese people are  from unfair judge? then why people burned Japanese flag and threw things to Japanese supporters? Can't they just claim AFC or FIFA if they are rational people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-10 19:46:32 |Display all floors

Hi

dear sleepye

Why do you attribute the judge of the final to AFC, and complaints from other Chinese opponents to their jealous toward China.

Are you sure the anger of Chinese people are  from unfair judge? then why people burned Japanese flag and threw things to Japanese supporters? Can't they just claim AFC or FIFA if they are rational people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-11 15:18:03 |Display all floors

Relieved

Hi. I am 19 years old Japanese living in Tokyo.

I was relieved to visit this Forum and found that NOT all Chinese people are happy with an attitude of Chinese audience. Most of Japanese people are shocked and started to have a new understanding that the Japanese are very much hated by the Chinese. We had been educated that sports and politics should not be mixed. I am sure that most of Japanese people did not have emotions that the Chinese has to the Japanese.
I am very much worryng the situation that some Japanese people started to have same emotion to the Chinese after this sports event and this is victimizing the Chinese living in Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-11 20:03:22 |Display all floors

A case of maturity and cosmopolitanism.

We are talking at cross purposes here, are we not? There is sportsmanship and there is politics.
First of all, let us remind ourselves that sports hooliganism is almost worldwide. There are thugs in the UK, South America and Europe as well as the rest of the world. Some of these riots ending in loss of lives occur at local matches ; ie has nothing to do with nationalism.
Secondly there is this long standing unresolved issue of the humiliation and massacre of the Chinese population during the second WW by the Japanese imperial army. As long as the Japanese government maintain their head in the sand and refuse to allow their own people to know the truth, it remains a rocky road ahead because the present generation of young Chinese and Japanese are unaware of the grievances.
The immediate problem is one of immarturity of a large part of the Chinese population still. There is still a lack of distinction between the issue at hand and national pride. eg at a soccer match, of course the Chinese fans yearn for a Chinese victory; so do the Japanese fans for a Japanese victory. The separation between a sporting defeat and national humiliation is the step we must make. Education, exposure to the world and travels are some of the things which will bring about this sophistication in time. Meanwhile do be gentle in your condemnation of the bad behavior of some of the fans. Most were well behaved and no one was killed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 10:58:50 |Display all floors

Some chinese people need to control what you project to international community

darling,

i think your post is on the right track, and well intentioned.  and i do wish for chinese people to be able to get over quickly the Japanese invasion of Asia-Pacific (which includes China).

Japan also invaded Indonesia, and colonialize Korea, and caused untold suffering there too.

My point here is to get over the past, and look towards the future.  If not I am afraid that incidents in Beijing, and ChongQing will repeat themselves in the future.

And that would be bad for China, not Japan, since Japanese media will surely take advantage of these events to appeal to international community and paint chinese people as being unsportsmanship, and sore losers, and Japan haters, and racists, and those unsavoury titles.

So i hope that chinese people can find a "smarter" way to express their dissatisfaction with Japan's invasion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 16:05:17 |Display all floors

goodness?????

Quoted “Nowadays they comprise the biggest helpers of China's modernization drive. How can we neglect their goodness and only remember their cruelty and only history?”
Goodness???? What is goodness? In fact, they are not saviors or helpers while they invest in China. The intention drive them set up factories and companies is the Great Profit, compared with the high cost in their home country they made profit at the lower price and vast population of labor workers and relating cheap thread in this field. Capitalist wouldn’t spend one yen in no return, esp. the bee-like nationality people-----Japanese. They work hard, working overtime everyday is their duty, fortune is accumulated gradually in this way, and then expand business in China as they can not find available capacity in land and staff and so on in domestic to broaden business. They hire our people whom work some ten hours per day…... Nowadays, more and more JP enterprise are inflowing into my city than American/European enterprises do, JP language become an urgent language instead of English, experienced translator/interpreter is out of stock in the Job Fair, the situation would continue in next few years. Moreover, JP enterprise would go on step their feet to our soil in despite of China’s people have not expressed warm feeling towards them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.