Author: rkn

Are We Better Off As A Cashless Society [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-5 20:49:33 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-7-5 14:13
The world COULD learn from Finland in this aspect because it is obviously something sensible. Take ...

Cash is the most expensive payment method to the seller.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-5 21:11:20 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-7-5 20:15
It's happening

Looks like the future is now.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-5 21:19:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-5 21:25:38 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-7-5 20:49
Cash is the most expensive payment method to the seller.

I once heard someone say that there is no real definition for money. Legal tender void of intrinsic value, payable for all debts and taxes and regulated in supply. VOID OF INTRINSIC VALUE. Can you just imagine that and yet the whole of humanity appears to be enslaved by this. Every one on earth from a day old baby is programmed to work for something void of intrinsic value. It doesn't make sense.

I know I am deviating from the issue at hand but you are right. Cash is the most expensive method to the seller.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-7-5 21:38:19 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-7-5 21:11
Looks like the future is now.

Yup

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-5 21:56:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-5 15:19
You don't need to elevate me to the exalted ranks of "bosses": and chiefs. I gave my view in a s ...

Since you are coming from a developing country and live in one, let me tell you how chewing gum or can of Coke are purchased in the developed countries. In Finland all purchases less than 20 euros can be bought by flashing your debit card (pay wave by Visa or similar service by MasterCard) calling or SMS. Bus tickets are all chargeable cards or SMS payments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-5 22:31:46 |Display all floors
Man, guys are wild. I sometimes call people boss, manager, director etc Seneca. It does not connote anything special to me but I do respect your view.

Yup, there is this issue with debt accumulating till the mountain becomes too huge to surmount. I know there are limits but a clever way to beat the system would probably be to acquire cards from different banks like some folks do. Living a life of debt is nothing pleasant though.

I think it is going to be a gradual process especially when it comes to educating folks in remote areas and the developing countries on how to access  these cards but um we wait to see.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.