Views: 1378|Replies: 12

China's Rise And Its Implications [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-3 14:42:20 |Display all floors
The U.S is currently the world's one and only superpower. They have got it all. The technology, the man power, the funds and the brains. It is no wonder that they have been the pace setters that the world looks up to for quite some time. However in recent times, we are seeing the shift in the balance of power right beneath us as one scholar said. From the East is one country called China whose economic miracle still remains a wonder to most. They only know best how they did it but their rise means the U.S  could potential slip down to number 3 because of India in the forseeable future.  The idea of becoming number 2 is already a nightmare let alone number 3. Will this inevitably lead to potential conflicts and what would that mean for the rest of the world? Some of us just cry for peace in our time and the progress of the human race.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-7-3 18:37:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-7-3 20:43

it is only if those that are powerful and prosperous resent and try to prevent others from becoming like them. ultimately, human feelings - jealousy or grace will win over. we can wait and see which one will win. If one goes by recent history, it is not very promising... but life will go on nevertheless, with or without humans around.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-3 20:05:13 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-7-3 18:37
it is only if those that are powerful and prosperous resent and try to prevent others from becoming  ...

I don't want to disappear from the scene before my time and I don't think any normal thinking person would want to. We have got to make this place we call home a better place for those yet unborn. The shift of power from the UK to US was a relatively peaceful one and um China isn't no.1 yet by GDP but should it become, we hope the shift would also be a peaceful one.  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-7-3 20:10:04 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-7-3 22:05
I don't want to disappear from the scene before my time and I don't think any normal thinking pers ...

you or I don't have any control over the people who determine this or their thoughts. Perhaps they themselves do not either - many power hungry people are psychotic cases..

Looks like you want to pray hard.

Wishes are just prayers in another form.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-3 20:12:19 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-7-3 18:37
it is only if those that are powerful and prosperous resent and try to prevent others from becoming  ...

Or China could minimize the real value of their GDP should it eventually surpass the U.S just for the sake of peace. That way, there will be no two elephants fighting for  the ground to suffer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-3 20:19:09 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-7-3 20:12
Or China could minimize the real value of their GDP should it eventually surpass the U.S just for  ...

If I had it my way, this earth will be quarantined   and I will have the bad guys, whoever they are sterilized and rendered impotent. But of course in my dreams  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-3 20:45:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.