Author: voice_cd

Foreign language learning, the earlier the better?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-18 18:49:46 |Display all floors
English (foreign languages) is a tool for efficiency , not is the weapons of Ma.ism & Mao.ism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 18:59:14 |Display all floors
When you study your English, I think it from the background.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-19 00:37:15 |Display all floors
if you want to learn English as second language, you have to start learning as soon as possible. first you need listening. try to listen English documentary 30 minutes everyday. and no need reading much vocabulary in a day. try to memorize common new 5 words everyday. and you have to follow English to English dictionary, example sentences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-19 06:45:54 |Display all floors
Learning another language should be started as early as possible But, as a couple of others have pointed out, early age learning should be done in a fun environment. I teach English to one group of children aged 4 and another group aged 6 at the moment as part of my schedule. My class is made up of pronunciation (there is no 'a' on the end of that word kids...it ends in 't'!!), letter oriented cartoon videos like Story Bots and ABC Mouse, games and songs. I have them for two half hour sessions in a row, so one hour. The challenge isn't teaching them, the real challenge is capturing and retaining their attention.

I spoke Hungarian from birth to 5 years old, every day at home. Then I didn't speak it for 48 years. I then visited Budapest and within 2 weeks i spoke it so well the locals thought I was a native Hungarian! What you learn at an early age never leaves you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-19 08:21:26 |Display all floors
I have never taught preschool per say, but I have a 3 year old who was born in China so I think that qualifies me perhaps even moreso. As an English teacher I have been teaching my son English ever since he was born.  While he speaks Chinese with Lao Lao, Lao Ye, and pretty much everyone outside, he can only speak English to Papa and Mama (even though Mama is Chinese). Everyday I come home from work I teach him a new word or we read a story in English ling in bed. Now that he is almost four, he is pretty much completely bilingual and can speak both English and Chinese as fluently as any toddler could. His actual fluency in Chinese may be better, but his English vocabulary is incredible and he can talk to us no problem whenever he wants something or to tell us about his day. In a few years, we will introduce him to his third language (probably French, since I'm Canadian).
So, for all you Chinese parents out there, get your kids learning English as young as possible and make it a part of their lives!  Don't wait until too late!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-19 09:28:12 |Display all floors
CarolleRain Post time: 2015-6-18 11:36
I am a Chinese foreign teacher in Korea now. I have taught preschoolers Chinese. Later I will share  ...

thanks for your experiences sharing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-19 09:33:03 |Display all floors
all of you said are reasonable,i believe every parents have their own ways in teaching their child about foreign language learning.why should we insist in only one approach to destination?a famous educator Confucius had said:teach students in accordance of their aptitude.in my opinion ,it is the best way to teach our children following this principles

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.