Author: voice_cd

Foreign language learning, the earlier the better?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-18 11:36:33 |Display all floors
I am a Chinese foreign teacher in Korea now. I have taught preschoolers Chinese. Later I will share my experience with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 11:37:12 |Display all floors
No doubt about that, the earlier the better. Simply because the majorit of primary school students who have difficulty with comprehension are in that situation becasue they did not have that early farmilairisation with the language so the interest isn't just there. Their response is totally abysmal. They prefer to rote memorise the language which according to research doesn't work that way with language. The result of rote memorising the language is the Chinglish we hear around often.

When a child 3-4 years old is introduced to the language through nursery rhymes, songs, English names of places in photos, normal everyday things around us, stuff like food and other visual things- they develop the interest and enthusiasm from that early stage and they carry it forward as they grow....it never leaves them, it stays with them. From that early stage nothing matters more than confidence building which most Chinese students in primary, middle school and even College lack. Without arming the kids with that confidence approach, they stagger more when responding or asking question during conversations. Most foreigners in China would testify to the " aaah I'm sorry my English is poor" response.

It's a long story, but anyway the earlier the better......why because it makes the work of teachers in primary, middle school and College much more easier and comfortable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 11:42:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-6-18 12:19:19 |Display all floors
zmcsuperman Post time: 2015-6-18 10:49
I agree your idea very much, the earlier get education is not only strict their freedom of playing ...

Thank you, my friend! Wish you a great day.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 12:59:57 |Display all floors
Jolinborn90th Post time: 2015-6-18 10:33
I disagree with you .It will be more easy to learn a  language at young age .You cannot take langu ...

yeah, i can not agree with you totally, because in china,if you grasp english skill masterly, Hunting a good job is not a problem,
yes, so many of foreigners grasp many languages,but you can find ,english/France/Germany/spain,etc. they are connect with english language closely.right ? so it is much easier than study easten english. so what you said example is not persuasion. go on

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 14:16:21 |Display all floors
Comanding one kind of language doesn't depend on so-called preschooling since learning foreign language needs a lasting process.If the child is taught too early without any interests,it may lead thier dislike to the certain language and finally will be adverse to the further studying in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-18 17:11:36 |Display all floors
I don't think that learning english the earlier is better. Earlier to learn english is not necessarily to cultivate children's interesting. If hte kids are not interested in learning english but their parents force them to do it which probably defeat the children's enthusiasm.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.