Views: 1083|Replies: 0

Will The Rise Of A.I Propel Us To Higher Heights Or Spell Our Doom? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-8 16:16:19 |Display all floors
Technology and Artificial Intelligence (A.I) has no doubt contributed immensely in improving the quality of life we enjoy as human beings. I could log onto the internet from any part of the world and chat with friends on CD. That is a miracle to say the least. Recently, some Chinese firms decided to shift from the manual use of human labour to that of robots. The decision turns out to be a smart and wise choice because it cuts down the cost of labour and increases productivity at the same.

Artificial Intelligence has being developing at an exponential rate compared to their fellow humans whose development of knowledge is rather linear. What that means is that in 25 years time, a single A.I would be smarter and more intelligent than the entire human race put together if their development at this present time remains steady. It is no wonder that brilliant minds like Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and Professor Stephen Hawking advocate on the fact that we keep a close eye on the development of this amazing technology that could potentially usurp humans from the top of the food chain.  It would be rather unfortunate to see robots tame humans as pets just like we do to the animals on earth. How do you outsmart an intelligence that knows what you would do even before you act? Will this intelligence be subserviant to its masters who are far less intelligent than it is or will it lock its masters  (the scientists especially) in cages for amusement or possibly eradicate the human species in a worst case scenario?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.