Views: 3211|Replies: 4

What is your impression on the wild birds? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-7 18:18:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2015-6-7 10:21

At present, China is building ecology civilization and ecology agriculture. Many kinds of harmful chemical poisons have been abandoned from farmland. Now you could see more and more wild animals and birds re-appear in that man-made forest as well as in other fields.

In our village which inner side is almost empty, my new house is just at its center with many tall trees around and you could see two big magpie-nests hanging on the top of the branches.

You may say that there are as many magpies as sparrows in these days. I often see many of the birds fly down to my yard for food or water.---------

When I was little, fellow friends often use a bamboo-sieve to hunt sparrows:To stick up the sieve with a wooden stick with a long rope tied its lower end, scatter some singles of grain under  and around the sieve.---------Later, the 'smart' birds would notice the food with their sharp eyes and fly down for ‘harvest’. When you see some of them get into the shadow of the ‘net’, you quickly pull the other end of the rope and the sieve would capsize some birds for your pleasure!

Recently I have posted a blog on such topic. Please have a look at it and leave your comment!

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-7 21:45:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2015-6-7 13:54

The following is my that blog and related self-comments:

Playing soldiers with birds

A young magpie was learning to fly beside the road under the trees when I rode motor-bicycle passing-by. -----The small bird landed on the trunk of the tree that was so low that I approached it and caught it with bare hand!-------since it did not see me and I could only see its back and the other part of its body was behind the trunk!

------The creature gave out a loud shouting that frightened me and two parent-magpies came up and shouted in surprise in the tree over my head as if they would attack me at any time!

In fact, I just wanted to test whether I could catch the bird and play a joke on it!--------AND the success has really offered me too much pleasure and satisfaction! The baby magpie had stayed in my hand for just one minute before I set it free!---------Maybe the bird was too young or it was still in a horrible mood, the poor and fortunate creature flew onto the ground and fled to the wheat field and disappeared in the plants!

I continued on my way. Now, I could hear the adult-magpies still shouting in another tone!-----I looked back and I saw one old bird landed on the top of that tall tree.

The above story took place just nearby my home-village yesterday. I wish all the magpies would not take me as their enemy when I come back from the town!

COMMENTS:
1) Last Sunday noon, I was lying in bed and my old mother was in the yard for physical exercise when I heard a knocking on something!I raised up in a hurry and checked what had happened!-------I saw a black and white bird in mother‘s room!--------The bird wanted to flee out of the house through the window and made another sound knocking at the glass!(Of course, it failed.)

I hesitated to catch it or set it free!The bird was standing on the top of the furniture with the big eyes staring at me. Finally I decided to catch it! -------I waved a piece of cloth in the air; The magpie flew around under the ceiling knocking the window once more and fell down onto the sill!--------As I tried to grasp it, the bird flew up as  slippery fish!--------At last,I netted it while it was flying over my head!

2) It was the first time for me to have a close look at the ‘familiar’ bird:
It has long tail and hard beaklike mouth, with which it pecked at my right food finger for twice when I held it in the right hand before I put it into an iron cage!-------The cage was so small for the bird that it had to bend its long tail under the body and the brave creature  pecked at narrow iron holes of the cage now and then and tried to escape!--------
I was selfish and wanted to keep it for my brother’s grandson who is only two years old.
The cage was left in the yard and I had to leave for the town to work. Later, (mother told me) three other magpies came up and went around the cage who wanted to rescue their family member!--------My mother opened the gate of prison and set the bird free!
I think they would never dare to invade my house again for food!

3)My front neighbor is an expert on birds who had raised dozens of pigeons but failed to keep two magpies for three days!------This kind of wild animal is difficult for human beings to tame!They would refuse to eat or drink due to the great fear and it seems that their wings naturally belong to the blue sky and could not live in such a narrow space!

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-20 05:32:40 |Display all floors
I love birds.  I made two albums on my page about birds, one about common birds of my backyard (on the west coast of North America), which, I expect, would seem like exotic birds to the Chinese.  Then I made an album about a very special and unique family of bird called Hummingbirds.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-20 05:35:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Gayle at 2017-2-20 05:36
The above story took place just nearby my home-village yesterday. I wish all the magpies would not take me as their enemy when I come back from the town!

The magpies' relatives, the crows and jays, are common where I live.  Crows especially are well-known for their grudges.  If you pick up one of their fledgling babies, even if you put it back again unharmed, the crows will not forgive you for touching it and will persecute you for months!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-20 10:36:28 |Display all floors
Gayle Post time: 2017-2-20 05:35
The magpies' relatives, the crows and jays, are common where I live.  Crows especially are well-kno ...

Funny story!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.