Author: pnp

English Education Today And tomorrow [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-15 11:24:33 |Display all floors
I am one of the many qualified and experienced teachers working to improve education in this country. As an English teacher and an education adviser, I have all the correct visas and permits to work here in a recognised and inspected school so.... "not necessarily the honest part!" is an inflammatory and uninformed, thoughtless phrase. I agree with your views about private foreign language schools but this comment to seneca is unnecessary.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 11:27:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-6-15 11:31
TedM Post time: 2015-6-15 11:24
I am one of the many qualified and experienced teachers working to improve education in this country ...

You should read his comments at me, not my posts, he always takes pot shots at posters and never address the comments, nor contribute an opinion on the topic unders discussion. I have learnt from him! I am just giving back to him what he gave me!
I have no problem with the honest ones! Wish you success with your efforts to clean up this dirty business!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 11:27:56 |Display all floors
I fear that what seneca says is true. English teaching here is all text book exercises to pass tests. Foreign teachers are only asked to contribute oral lessons. Until the whole education system changes here, this will continue.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-15 17:49:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 11:22:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-15 17:49
Look, if you complain that I make "cheap potshots" at you you cvertainly invite them! Isn't this ...

"Look, if you complain that I make "cheap potshots" at you you cvertainly invite them! Isn't this post an example of what you just decried - making cheap potshots?"

I am not in the habit of doing that; it's because I have been on the receiving end of your pot shots, I just feel that you should be given a taste of your own medicine, then you'd know how bitter it is, and desist from doing it agan. You always make guesses about me, in a negative sense; you must accept that others are also entitled to make guesses about you; and in this case, it is just my guess that you are part of the problem. I really dislike this silly game of personal attacks, and would rather you address my comments than hurling insults at me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 11:39:50 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2015-6-15 11:27
I fear that what seneca says is true. English teaching here is all text book exercises to pass tests ...

Yes, I agree that foreign teachers are used for oral English only; but the problem is that one can't teach them oral English when their basic English language skills are lacking.  Their Chinese teachers get them to memorize words, but not how to use them, and quite often teach them the wrong pronunciation too!  So, an oral English teacher actually ends up teaching them grammar and the lot, or at least having to correct their grammar, pronunciation,  etc!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 11:48:16 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-6-14 12:04
"..any way going well with them should be considered by teachers."

Strange, but I don't seem to u ...

"..any way going well with them should be considered by teachers." does it sound like Chinese English? I can't understand you, too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.