Author: Mugy

Is it appropriate to encourgae kid to study by money [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-8 15:03:13 |Display all floors
Excuse me, what is wrong with monetary reward?

Personally, I don't like either inflicting punishment on bad behavior or bestowing external reward for good behavior, because I think motivation for behavior should come solely from within.

But it seems that many Chinese love to punish people, so if punishing is okay, what is wrong with giving money for reward?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-10 05:20:58 |Display all floors
There is a point when an individual has to learn to be self motivated.
If money is the sole motivation for a person to do anything, they will end up one mercenary individual, generosity and hospitality would be dead, along with any other virtue you can probably think of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-10 20:15:54 |Display all floors
To be honest, your original comment about a father sending 100 RMB to his son's teacher sounds a bit like bribery.

A university student who is not self-motivated enough to do the work in his own will probably fail in life without his father's help.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.