Author: smuffy

Should foreigners be treated equal?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-27 11:16:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-4-27 11:38

Some foreigners in China behave so badly, they ought to be sent back to their country and never allowed to return.; they give the foreign community a bad name. Most foreigners observe the laws in China, always on the right side of the law. However just a few days ago, a 'laowai' was caught drunk driving in Shenzhen; he was shown on TV quarreling with traffic policemen, refusing to submit to a breath test, finally forced to go with police to hospital for blood test, and the result showed he was above alcohol limit. He is now facing the music!
Yes, all foreigners must be treated equally, more so in the eyes of the law, no exception!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 12:09:24 |Display all floors
It is very commen in the world ,for example ,when Chinese go abroad for tourisim or for business ,and know little about the local custom and manners .So it is not strange that when you find foreigners performace not so friendlyless .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 12:22:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 12:28:26 |Display all floors
Harvey-Shanghai Post time: 2015-4-27 12:09
It is very commen in the world ,for example ,when Chinese go abroad for tourisim or for business ,an ...

You mean one needs to be told that it is not permissible to urinate on the cab? This is universal good behavior, no excuse whether one is local or foreign. This sort of excuse often comes up; it's a way of denying one's wrongs!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 12:38:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-27 15:29:32 |Display all floors
incarnate Post time: 2015-4-27 12:22
His behaviour was not only wrong, but outright provoking and insulting to the host count ...

As I said I in no way condone this action and if this did happen then the man should have bben severely punished,

What I am questioning is many parts of the story itself. It claims that the taxi was there to be collect a passenger who had booked by a phone app, not a family member, if so why was that person not there in that 3 hour time period? Also why did it take 3 hours to call the police? Why did the police make the taxi driver take the man at the end of the 3 hours?

Many things do not ring true in this story, I doubt it is totally authentic.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-27 15:31:08 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-4-27 11:16
Some foreigners in China behave so badly, they ought to be sent back to their country and never allo ...

I fully agree, all laws should be obeyed by all and all lawbreakers should be trated equally

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.