Author: smuffy

Should foreigners be treated equal?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-27 08:51:20 |Display all floors
incarnate Post time: 2015-4-26 10:04
From what I was told, there are several taxi companies operating in Shanghai together with many ind ...

As far as I am aware the majority of taxis in Shanghai are company owned and the driver pays a fee to the taxi company for use of the car etc.

In most countries the drivers hold a special licence that is withdrawn if the rules are not obeyed, this does not seem to be the case in China

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-27 08:53:19 |Display all floors
incarnate Post time: 2015-4-26 10:20
He can thank his lucky star that it happened in China. Elsewhere, in other S.E.A. countries, he pro ...

His behaviour was wrong but there are still the points I made that make this story seem not to be all it is made out to be

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 10:19:37 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-4-26 09:33
If this case is true then the Laowai was out of order but I must question the following:-

1, if the ...

Ya this story is one worthy of somw humming and hawing. Taxi drivers can be pricks sometimes to me as well. Even I used the 滴滴打车 app, the taxi arrived. i noticed the license plate was the one that my phone said would be there to pick me up. When i tried to get in the driver said no. I responded by saying I arranged you on wechat. He just kept shacking his hand and when I shut the door he sped off fast there a bullet.

Anyhow I wonder why the guy didnt get a fine or detention for peeing on the car. Isn't urinating in public a crime??
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 10:25:11 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2015-4-27 10:19
Ya this story is one worthy of somw humming and hawing. Taxi drivers can be pricks sometimes to me ...

It is the 3 hours bit that confuses me, a heck of a long time to wait for the fare to arrive

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 10:30:10 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-4-27 10:25
It is the 3 hours bit that confuses me, a heck of a long time to wait for the fare to arrive

Plus if you need a taxi to take you somewhere, waiting three hours is gonna make you quite late. No?
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-27 10:31:20 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2015-4-27 10:30
Plus if you need a taxi to take you somewhere, waiting three hours is gonna make you quite late. N ...

Ah but this is China, people are rarely on time

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-27 11:08:39 |Display all floors
Thank you so much for posting this. In the face of reports that Chinese tourists are badly behaved, this incident lends weight to my claim that rude tourists can come from anywhere, including a so-called civilized country like France.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.