Views: 2180|Replies: 13

Is square dancing enjoyable or annoying?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-21 15:59:28 |Display all floors
Editor's note: Square dancers in Beijing may be fined if their acts disturb public order, according to the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau. The square dancing or guang chang wu is a popular pastime among older Chinese women, who can often be spotted displaying their moves in open areas in the city. The practice has generated widespread public complaints about loud music and disruption. Do ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-21 17:32:57 |Display all floors
I do not think the square dance is a cancer for our appartent and resident community. As point of fact, my mom is a membber of this "Army". However,if these  folks can do it in some our places not in the resident community would be best for all of us. Don't u agree?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-21 18:21:36 |Display all floors
Have you ever watched these people? They never smile and all look miserable where I live. They look like they're lining up to be shot.
That said, it doesn't hurt anyone, never goes too late and is nothing compared to construction noise issues and idiots shouting in the morning for your cardboard and recycling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-21 20:37:34 |Display all floors
I attend the square dance with my wife every evening....   while I don't participate I do watch..   there are not only older women there are men ... younger people...  many people stop and watch a few moments talk to other people .. the parents bring the babies out and they dance around to the music... I have never seen any one seem to complain or seem annoyed about this music and dance... if you want to clean up something annoying  .. get these black taxis off the sidewalk and blocking the crosswalks..  they are both annoying and dangerous....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-23 11:34:56 |Display all floors
I support the movement but there must be government regulations. It fosters community spirit and unity in the community.  
They must not block the paths,roads and walkways. Give them a time limit, up to 8 am. Also... the music affects people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-23 11:34:56 |Display all floors
I support the movement but there must be government regulations. It fosters community spirit and unity in the community.  
They must not block the paths,roads and walkways. Give them a time limit, up to 8 am. Also... the music affects people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-23 13:50:56 |Display all floors
Dancing itself is a good way of exercise.If people dance totally in public spaces like city square too far from residential districts, I agree with that.Maybe it can attract passing-by pedestrains and motivates more sense of happiness. But,if their happiness is built on the painful suffering of the noise for the residents.I am against it. Well, I reckon the government should regulate their activities and designate suitable particular places where are estimated with no interference to other people's normal lives.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.