Views: 14012|Replies: 35

How to find a job in China as foreigner?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-11 19:07:56 |Display all floors
One friend in UK, now wants to come over and better could find a short-term job which last one or two years. I don't know what channels or methods do foreign friends have to find a job. Heard here lots of expats we have, so I wonder if you guys know how to find a job for a foreign guy who come to China for the first time? Any trusty website or companies worth being recommended? Anything should my friend pay attention to? I heard there are lot of scams happend in this job-seeking field.
Thank you in advance.

BTW , I am a Chinese so generally I find job through the Zhaopin or 51job.com. but don't know you laowai guys.   

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-11 20:19:06 |Display all floors

er

This post was edited by futsanglung at 2015-4-11 20:20

What skills and qualifications do they have? Without the right bit of paper they have little chance of a job in China

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-11 20:41:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-11 19:52
And what kind of work is that Briton looking for, what's that Briton's profession?

Bound to be a teacher....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 20:58:50 |Display all floors
there are 2 main legal ways for foreign workers to be in China:
1) through a foreign company
2) as a teacher: generally through a recruitment agency.

All work will require work visa's being issued outside of China.
the most common scam is for a local Chinese recruitment company (generally in the education sector) to get people in on a Tourist, Business or student visa with the promise of it being changed into a work visa. This puts the individual in a terrible position with no legal recourse should the employer fail to pay, or anything else.
To anyone planning to work in China, and not connected to a foreign company, I would suggest they do their homework online about reliable recruitment agents - there is a LOT of information out there.

A reliable recruiter will be more than happy and willing to answer any and all questions that would be asked of them.
To the person looking for a job: don't accept vague answers from anyone, and DON'T give your personal information to anyone (such as passport info. etc), unless it is a genuine offer of work that you are happy with.
Identity theft is rampant.

normally people will do their research online and by word of mouth at home before accepting a job offer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 21:40:45 |Display all floors
you can tell you friend a website called craig's list or sth like that you can search online and see if you can find it. it's a trustworthy website to let expats to find useful information around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 22:30:30 |Display all floors
After reading the title I immediately thought..... he should ask Seneca. But Seneca needed no prompting he was right there on cue....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 21:01:54 |Display all floors
Since when has Craigslist become an authoritative and trustworthy website on anything?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.