Views: 8451|Replies: 64

Is it possible to prepare a whole weeks food at a time?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-6 21:46:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by bex at 2015-4-6 21:51

is it possible?anyone have done it? will i get food poisoned .... if you've done it share your experience and recipes? storage ways?  cheeeers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-6 22:55:46 |Display all floors
food tastes better fresh...i had a uni friend who cooked once every week for the whole week...personally, i would try not to eat leftovers that are more than 3 days old...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-9 19:22:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-7 14:40
Why would you cook food for a whole week, then store it in a refrigerator?

I just don't see any  ...

Better buy a decent refrigerator then!
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-9 19:27:23 |Display all floors
Yes it's possible, however there are limitations to what you can do.

The best method is to get a dessication unit otherwise known as a dehydrator. These units remove all moisture from food. Add water and reheat to eat.

They are the basis for many modern military field rations and I've used meals made using this method extensively in remote locations where it's impossible to carry fresh food.   

There are limitations though, soups etc are next to impossible to do with most home units, but cooked meat and vegies, pasta, noodles etc work well.   There are thousands of recipes online.

It's also possible to freeze meals, but frozen rice that is reheated is not the best.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-9 19:34:51 |Display all floors
Learn how to cook small but fast portions
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-9 19:34:56 |Display all floors
Learn how to cook small but fast portions
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-9 19:43:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2015-4-9 19:48

how about a macdonalds
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.