Author: gattosonia

Tomb-sweeping services offered online [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-7 17:20:34 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2015-4-7 12:20
Look how they treat the world, their right and everybody is wrong

Or they have the attitude " this is China who can change it?"

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-7 17:21:43 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-4-7 12:30
Just visit any old grave. None of those dead people know who you are anyway.

Are you saying your ancestors have dissowned you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 17:25:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-7 12:46
Actually paying professionals to mourn for a dearly departed family member is quite common all o ...

Having been tomb visiting at Qing Ming in the past I see that most people treat it as a fun time and enjoy a picnic there.

The idea of proffessional mourners came about to convince others that the deceased was a popular person when infact they may not have been.

Ghosts are big business in the UK with haunted places attracting many tourists.

Maybe many Chinese are scared to interact on CD due to the number of ghosts present

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 19:26:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-7 19:19
"Maybe many Chinese are scared to interact on CD due to the number of  ghosts present…" :handshak ...

And some of those ghosts ideas are very scarey

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 19:27:40 |Display all floors
I think it shows a total lack of respect..... you would wonder if they show the dead this kind of respect ... what did they really think of them when they were living.... why even bother.. just save the cash...   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 19:54:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-7 19:44
Some of these ghosts seem to have been hovering and lurking in the world for thousands of years  ...

But I am not impressed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 20:37:27 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-4-6 19:01
Should you not respect your ancestors everyday and not only one day a year?

what good does it do when they're already under 6 ft deep...only make some sense if they're still alive...i prefer cremate when my appointment is up & dont have to bother anybody later on (should i care when i'm gone)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.