Views: 2124|Replies: 3

Lunar eclipse visible in China tonight [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-4 16:39:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by knox1234 at 2015-4-4 16:39

Those of us living on the east coast of China will be able to see a lunar eclipse, also known as a "blood moon" later tonight.
According to timeanddate, the event will begin at around 5 p.m. and reach totality at 8 p.m. this evening.
Unfortunately the recent spate of bad weather may obstruct any moon gazing you might have planned. In Shanghai it is forecast to be overcast and cloudy all evening.
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes within the Earth's shadow. As the eclipse begins, the moon will begin to darken before the shadow fully engulfs the moon, turning it a dark red-brown color.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-4 18:02:12 |Display all floors
Snow and rain forecast for my location, but DSLR and 1200mm telephoto ready, just in case a hole opens up in the cloud cover.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-5 19:09:26 |Display all floors
How I want to see it !Sadly over here the rain is driving down in buckets all day .What is more,the weather seems not to stay fine for a short spell ,because today is Pure Bright Festival ,according to farmer's saying ,if today is a  sunny day,it will be  followed  by a period of nice bright days   .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-6 09:21:03 |Display all floors
I had spent two hours on the observation that evening!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.