Views: 1731|Replies: 10

Are women-only parking lots necessary?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn-only parking lots n [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-3 08:51:25 |Display all floors
Editor's note: A number of countries, including Germany, South Korea and Japan, offer parking spaces for women. Some Chinese shopping malls have followed suit by installing larger lots for female drivers. Are these provisions necessary? What do you think? You're welcome to leave your comments.

Ratfink (Australia)

Actually it's a scientific fact that women on the whole have  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-3 08:51:26 |Display all floors
I never criticise Chinese policy, but as this is just an opinion I think I can say that this is another ridiculous proposal. Special women only train carriages... and now the idea to have women only car parking spaces!  Over the last hundred years women in many countries have fought and even died to get their rights to fair treatment, fair pay and conditions of work. They have rightly pointed out that their work is as valuable as mens, and they should be treated the same... and with respect.  In civilised countries men and women treat each-other with respect, and those few individuals who abuse this are severely punished. Follow this idea of segregation to its end and we will have a world where men and women are totally separate, where black and white people are not allowed to mix and where people of different religions and cultures are kept apart .... and all because of a very few idiots who abuse other people's basic rights. Maybe women in China do not want equality with men and fair treatment?? But if they do, I hope some common sense will stop this nonsense.
As for comments about driving abilities of each sex, in China at least the driving of both men and women is atrocious... and I observe that neither can reverse into a parking space!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-3 10:19:49 |Display all floors
It can be for safety but it will be just like islamic countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-3 13:51:19 |Display all floors
waste of limited resourses

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-3 15:51:00 |Display all floors
It's a ridiculous proposal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 17:51:06 |Display all floors
I think there is no necessity for such special treatment. If they are truly poorer drivers, they have to brush up on their driving skills instead.
When obtaining a license, have stricter tests or more practice sessions.
If you do this, when some of them go overseas, they might get into trouble due to the smaller lots there.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-4-22 18:31:05 |Display all floors
Good idea, it will save many men's cars being damaged

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.