Views: 5076|Replies: 8

Are Same-Sex Colleges Still Relevant? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-24 15:09:16 |Display all floors
Last week, the board of Sweet Briar College, an all-women’s school in Virginia, announced that it would be permanently shuttered in August due to “insurmountable financial challenges.” The school’s president, James Jones, Jr., attributed the close, in part, to the declining number of “young women willing to consider a single-sex education.”

Is there still a place for same-sex colleges? Do they play an important role in education, or are they outdated?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-26 10:17:59 |Display all floors
Now that colleges in America are more about sez drugs and partys, than education. I see why the decline in same-sex colleges is taking course
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-27 10:27:58 |Display all floors
Would you like to go to same-sex college or would you like your son or daughter to go to same-sex college? I don't think same-sex college has any adventage, on the contrary, it has more disadventage, the worst of that, the boys or girls grow up without an opposite-sex friend around him or her, how bad is it, can you imagine?
桃花坞里桃花庵,桃花庵下桃花仙。 桃花仙人种桃树,又摘桃花换酒钱。 酒醒只在花前坐,酒醉还来花下眠。 半醉半醒日复日,花落花开年复年。... ,世人笑我太疯癫,我笑他人看不穿。 不见五陵豪杰墓,无花无酒锄作田

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-27 10:47:41 |Display all floors
Would you like to go to same-sex college or would you like your son or daughter to go to same-sex college? I don't think same-sex college has any adventage, on the contrary, it has more disadventage, the worst of that, the boys or girls grow up without an opposite-sex friend around him or her, how bad is it, can you imagine?
桃花坞里桃花庵,桃花庵下桃花仙。 桃花仙人种桃树,又摘桃花换酒钱。 酒醒只在花前坐,酒醉还来花下眠。 半醉半醒日复日,花落花开年复年。... ,世人笑我太疯癫,我笑他人看不穿。 不见五陵豪杰墓,无花无酒锄作田

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-28 02:32:54 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2015-3-26 10:17
Now that colleges in America are more about sez drugs and partys, than education. I see why the decl ...

do you base your comment on experience or too many American movies?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-28 10:15:06 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-3-28 02:32

I base it on knowledge! Have you ever heard of spring break, labour day long weekend or frat parties?? Just to name a few. Plus binge drinking. College/University is known to be a time of experimentation and not just in Science class. Many students do crystal meth/speed or as its called in China ice. They use it to stay awake and cram for tests. Do some research if you're so interested in the answer

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-28 10:15:57 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-3-28 02:32

I base it on knowledge, derived from facts

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.