Author: KIyer

Do the Chinese need to be more assertive?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-22 20:31:56 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2015-3-22 21:14
Cannot understand the issue?

I stated that the Chinese ARE assertive in the context of their own c ...

Since you seem clueless take a look at my blog with the same title and OP. See the comments there from those who know the Chinese and mainland more than you do.perhaps it will become clearer to you.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:34:24 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-3-22 22:30
You made it so when you called the characteristics of Chinese people into question  Now, answer  ...

Answer to the point the question posed in the OP and stop pussyfooting.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:36:21 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-3-22 22:31
Here in UK, Indians are perceived as Yes people.......I hate racial stereotypes but hmmm

That's irrelevant to this OP. learn to focus.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:39:55 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-3-22 20:25
Why this obsession with Chinese people? Who told you Chinese people are not assertive? Ask a Korea,  ...

"Why reivent bread"

Good point - basically because Klyer has absolutely no clue and probably very little experience of knowing Chinese people well and / or living in their country. The usual purpose of his rants is to come up with anything which can be tangentially used to criticise "western" countries and their cultures, such as his idiotic insistence that Americans be called USAnians.

A good example is Klyer's introduction to this thread. He asks for the proposition that Chinese are insufficiently assertive to be proved by "statistics" yet he provides none of these himself and it is inevitable that the whole topic can only be discussed in subjective terms. How could credible statistical evidence ever be gathered about a subjective aspect of each individual's personality when collectively all of those individuals form the most populous nation on earth ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:40:51 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-22 16:36
That's irrelevant to this OP. learn to focus.

You are being tautological. Now address the issue raised by Mr Seneca and stop hiding behind shadows

i have always found Chinese people to be assertive. You must not underestimate the role language might play in some circumstances but generally, definitely assertive in my book
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:46:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 20:46:43 |Display all floors
  1. Most will take the initiative in starting a thread, or putting forth an idea or proposition. If the forum is a Western owned one, many will make use of the 'home turf' advantage to remind 'outsiders' to conduct themselves according to rules of the 'guest'
Copy code
Wrong. Maybe Chinese people are sensible and see little point in putting forth meaningless 'opinions' that will not further the sum of human knowledge.

Why should they bog themselves down in "western' folly of arguing every single point and ruining the atmosphere as my Japanese friends calls it.

You don't seem to understand Asia and the Chinese you seem to be keen to defend but is under the cosh by you now. See what I told you a few days ago, I am a friend of the Chinese. You come as lamb but are in fact an hyena!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.