Views: 3883|Replies: 12

Xiamen Taxis' will never complain again...or not? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-12 08:47:14 |Display all floors

Living in Xiamen/ China I was extremely happyto hear today, that cab drivers who refuse to transport passengers because of to short routes and all those we know them all reasons will be finedwith a 3 month driving ban at the 1rst offence!

The second offence however will grant him 3years leaf from driving cabs officially.

Hoooorayyyyy!

However you must at least file a complaint best with Photo of the cabs number or driversdetails. Maybe a selfie with the driver! (if you dare)

If more complaints pile up about some of gods choosen driver/s they will have to answer some tricky questions soon!

Do you believe it will be better at the Airport next time you need a cab to the "Airporthotel"?

Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 13:05:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-12 12:35
I am sure some of those overworked cabbies are looking forward to a three-year break from their ar ...

Hahaha an Island without cars at all! That will break them and they all know how to play "piano" after 3 years.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2015-3-14 15:01:06 |Display all floors
When I see something wrong with the cab, the route (tourist-like...) etc. - I take a picture of the dashboard with the licence, this usually is enough to get the things straight even without making a call...

One thing - I dare to do it while on the busy street, but I wouldn't on the empty road ...

It's good that authorities focuses on this phenomenton of the "short route denial"... Once in Beijing I asked the policeman to help, it miraculoulsy solved the issue and the driver who only wanted "airport" now was "happy to drive me to the hotel few streets away"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-23 09:27:51 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2015-3-14 15:01
When I see something wrong with the cab, the route (tourist-like...) etc. - I take a picture of the  ...

Yes - I guess all foreigners have encountered such or similar situations. However I have also encountered moaning cab drivers in Germany, esp. at Airports! But as per law they take you without long arguing. Mostly only a comment/ question like “do you have any idea how long we wait here for getting at a passenger?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-23 11:02:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-12 21:21
So, Xiamen can deal with its more obnoxious taxi drivers. Soon Gulangyu will be crowded with job ...

The way the usually zigzag through traffic they are probably resistant foe seasickness as well!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-23 16:46:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-23 14:42
If they zigzag too annoyingly through the pedestrian traffic on Gulangyu, then I suggest they be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 00:58:43 |Display all floors
I lived in Xiamen for awhile.  Our apartment was a new complex on the mainland pretty much on the edge of the city.  The problem we had even once we got on the mainland via the BRT was that drivers didn't want to take us to our apartment.  They said it was hard to get another fare out there, but of course as soon as they dropped anyone off they sped off.  Kinda of hard to get a fare if you aren't going to wait around for 5 minutes.  My wife said all we had to do was call the company or tell the driver we would but Miss Bleeding Heart felt sorry for them and usually wouldn't do it unless I complained.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.