Views: 2131|Replies: 1

Looks like EU wants to create an army. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-10 03:39:30 |Display all floors
Recently the Mr. Juncker proposed to get rid of the 28 national armies and create an EU army which is still part of NATO of course.Interestingly his proposal was supported by Germany - a major player in the union.

The advantages of an EU army are pretty obvious. Instead of national defense system projects members can pool their ressources for R&D and purchase as well. This way more modern and efficient systems can be obtained in higher numbers.
Cooperation between the different armies would also be much more efficient because logistics and training would he standardized.

Germany recently got rid of the old doctrine to have an army which could do everything which led to a paralysed and lame Bundeswehr with shoddy tanks, inoperable transport planes and helicopters,...
The new doctrine is to create an highly specialized army which can do a few things extremely well and will therefore complement other European armies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 20:31:17 |Display all floors
I'm all for a European army even if I think it should be a powerful around which the national armies can be organized for the forseeable future. Feel free to take some tax money from me for the purpose. Small steps at the time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.