Views: 4594|Replies: 25

Do Americans believe in Karma? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-6 09:16:48 |Display all floors
Philadelphia Police are in mourning after the loss of one of their own.

Philadelphia Police Officer Robert Wilson III, an 8-year veteran with the 22nd District, died from his injuries after he was shot during a robbery inside a North Philadelphia GameStop.

"Take a moment and say a prayer for this family," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey. "And the boy who will now grow up without a father."

The 30-year-old officer was in full uniform, was inside the GameStop at the Hope Plaza Shopping Center on 2101 West Lehigh Avenue around 4:45 p.m. Thursday. Suddenly two suspects came inside and announced a robbery.

Wilson confronted the suspects leading to a shootout. Wilson was struck several times. One of the suspects was also struck as well.
"Officer Wilson was able to fire at the suspects despite being shot multiple times," Commissioner Ramsey said.

Wilson was rushed to Temple University Hospital where he died from his injuries at 6:25 p.m.

The two suspects were apprehended and taken into custody. The suspect who was shot was also taken to Einstein Hospital though officials have not yet revealed his condition. Police also said one of the suspects had five priors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-6 09:18:14 |Display all floors
"Take a moment and say a prayer for this family," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey

OK...oh darn, my coffee is ready. I'll have to take a moment  to "pray" for this murdering cops family later if I have the time. Busy schedule today.

Arf, arf.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-6 13:39:42 |Display all floors
No, the comment on this post is not in good taste. This is a policeman trying to do a courageous act and killed, even if he were not on duty. Sad. One cannot equate this to policemen shooting innocent blacks without justification.
Any sensible person will feel for a fellow human who was doing something right as this officer was.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-6 14:46:17 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-6 13:39
No, the comment on this post is not in good taste. This is a policeman trying to do a courageous act ...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As for "fellow human being", I don't know about that. Cops seem hell bent on killing innocent people. When it happens to them, they are far from innocent as many of us know they are playing a deadly game. Would you expect me to cry genuine tears if a drug dealer gets shot "doing his job"?

Not me, brother. Not me.

Arf, arf.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-6 14:56:09 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2015-3-6 16:46
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As for "fellow human being", I don't know about that. ...

that being true,
when our opinions are based on principles, and not on people we like or not, they can be judged fairly as being fair. Else, there is no difference between good and evil.
Karma is a principle that humans can try and live by, it is based on principles being paramount, not people.
Karma APPLIES to people.
With the given information as you have presented in the report, the policeman's actions are admirable and it is offensive to link it to some other policemen's actions elsewhere and crow at his sad death. It could well have been the story of a policeman in your country in your neighbourhood or someone you know and admire as a cop.
There is a difference between feeling that people get their just deserts in an issue and where someone else is an innocent victim, just like an unarmed black man being shot.
We dont know this cop was racist or that he shot someone because of his colour and got away with it and that this was Karma... Your comment reflects badly on YOU.
but as you say, you are entitled to your opinions and choices...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-6 15:36:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-6 15:45:56 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2015-3-6 09:18
OK...oh darn, my coffee is ready. I'll have to take a moment  to "pray" for this murdering cops fa ...

"Hilarrious", as ever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.