Author: gattosonia

Former TV Anchor on Crusade against Pollution   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-4 19:15:29 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-3-4 13:32
No idea, one of my Chinese friends said she was getting both love and hate online for some reason. ...

"Why are people giving her abuse online?"

Some of the sheep don't want to be led astray from the rest of the flock. They are hypnotised and paralysed into conformity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 20:02:51 |Display all floors
Both of you seneca and newtown have a point. I can understand people being annoyed at her doing this, going abroad to give birth to the child then come back and preach to the masses about how to run the country. At the same time, at least someone is raising awareness, be it for money or not. It's better than nothing and the documentary itself was very well made. She tracks down and gets interviews with a lot of industry reps and really grills them, showing how they have a flaw in their thinking.

She has a great line in it,

你知道中国有什么味道?钱的味道。
Do you know what I can taste in China? The taste of money everywhere. (In reference to the environmental agencies out just to make money more than anything else.)

Some of it seemed a little stage, her friend falls down this big hole at one point, I was thinking how the hell he could have missed that when he walked into the factory.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-7 07:17:30 |Display all floors
And it is blocked now.
I just wonder why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-7 14:42:01 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-3-4 20:02
Both of you seneca and newtown have a point. I can understand people being annoyed at her doing this ...

could be this person likes the tastes of money over any thing else...   two wrongs never make one right....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-7 14:54:23 |Display all floors
tdeese Post time: 2015-3-7 14:42
could be this person likes the tastes of money over any thing else...   two wrongs never make one  ...

You hit the nail right on the head my friend: it's all a money issue. The one he took from her Chinese employers who got it from their Chinese advertisers who made the money from their chinese customers, and, all she did was run to the USA with her money and her soon to be baby girl, to get a green card there. Now she comes back here to bite the hand that fed her!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-7 14:57:50 |Display all floors
So you are not free to do with your salary what you want?
Of course not... at least if you want to do something illegal with it. But did she do something illegal with her salary?

Furthermore how did she bite the hand that fed her?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-7 15:11:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wowzers at 2015-3-7 15:14

It's instructive to see opponents of this video focus on/attack Chai Jing and not the material she presents. Why would they want to shoot the messenger?

Is it an attempt to justify pulling the video from Youku and other sites? And diverting from the "scrubbing up" of the comments where discussions are taking place?

The Chinese media wide censoring of discussion of the video shortly after its release is well known. And as of yesterday's outright removal of Under The Dome I guess they need to ramp up a discrediting of Chai Jing.

It would explain why so much attention is being directed at Chai Jing and not the content?

Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.