Author: gattosonia

Former TV Anchor on Crusade against Pollution   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-2 21:55:53 |Display all floors
It is people like her who will make China a liveable place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-2 23:48:53 |Display all floors
Evidence of some of the earliest industrially generated air pollution is found in the ice core records of Greenland's glaciers, in which traces of metals refining can be recovered dating to the classical Greek and Roman eras, as well as the Han Dynasty of China.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-3 00:24:59 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2015-3-2 23:48
Evidence of some of the earliest industrially generated air pollution is found in the ice core recor ...

And what do you want to say with that remarkable scientific fact?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-3 00:44:17 |Display all floors
I seen this, fantastic piece of investigative journalism. Some of the industry leaders she interviews are complete morons and she runs rings around them in the interviews and shows the massive flaw within Chinese environmental law.

I think this documentary is one of the finest of it's kind I have seen and other Chinese documentary makers should follow her lead.

The shocking part the article fails to comment on is the amount of abuse this lady gets online. Some people have no shame when they ate anonymous and online attacking her character. I think she ruffled quite a few feathers with her documentary.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 13:16:54 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-3-3 00:44
I seen this, fantastic piece of investigative journalism. Some of the industry leaders she interview ...

She is being attacked online?
I find that hard to believe.
Why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 13:32:25 |Display all floors
Fischkopp Post time: 2015-3-4 13:16
She is being attacked online?
I find that hard to believe.
Why?

No idea, one of my Chinese friends said she was getting both love and hate online for some reason.

Could any of the Chinese posters enlighten us? Why are people giving her abuse online? What's the reason?
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 15:39:45 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-3-4 13:32
No idea, one of my Chinese friends said she was getting both love and hate online for some reason. ...

My guess is that she's getting hate from factory bosses, as well as accusations of being an opportunist from  CD blogger sennie .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.