Views: 1377|Replies: 1

Arsenal wants "consistent" form after profit [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-28 09:57:46 |Display all floors

Asenal  is in couple of years of trophy drought except for the consolation of the FA cup in last year. But this doesnt effect its hot media  exposure especially this season they have crossfire in attacking such as ozil, sanchez, giroud and welbeck. They have climbed to the third in PL but this week's shameful loss to monaco is a devastation to the manager Wenger.

FT reports

-------------------------

Arsenal is currently sitting in third place in the Premier League and the London football club is also scoring off the pitch after its parent company reported a jump in half-year net profit.

On a pre-tax level, the club's parent company Arsenal Holdings returned to profitability during the half year to November 30, as it was boosted by the sale of players such as the Belgian centre half Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona.

Pre-tax profit reached £11.1m from a £2.2m loss the year before.

After tax, Arsenal made a profit of £10m for the period, versus £2.8m at the same point in 2013.

The club banked £26.7m from the sale of players and also from realising the value of an option it held in relation to the registration of former player, Carlos Vela. This was higher than £6.1m generated from player sales the year before.

Arsenal's chairman, Sir Chips Keswick, said:

Our commitment to investment in the squad was evidenced by a record level of expenditure on players joining the club. Crucially, this investment remains at a level which is consistent with our principle of affordability and which is financially sustainable in accordance with the applicable regulatory regimes.

On the field, the team has produced some strong results and the squad is looking fit and better balanced.

But in a nod to some of the club's more recent results on the pitch- such as this week's 3-1 defeat at home to Monaco in the Champions League (pictured below) - Sir Chips added:

However, we need to find our best form on a more consistent basis as we approach, what I hope will be, an exciting end to the season.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-28 10:33:30 |Display all floors
Arsenal fan   

I am MU fan and MU fans are suffering........

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.