Author: politico

God is Watching the Racists and Antisemites   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-23 04:41:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-2-23 04:47:54 |Display all floors
If there is a God it would be much more concerned about living mortals thinking they know him through
ridiculous stories made up by other mortals. i.e. Christians, Jews, Muslims, and any other religion based
on these ridiculous man-made stories.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-2-23 05:58:12 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-2-23 04:40
God will make those poster pay in the end.

God will make sure they die like everyone else does.
God will make sure they don't go to heaven and play pool and drink beer all day with topless Waitresses in mini skirts serving and ktv girls giving a full body massage at any time of the day and night.

No wonder so many try to recreate heaven on earth!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-23 06:01:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-2-23 04:47
If there is a God it would be much more concerned about living mortals thinking they know him throug ...

Well if "man" didn't write down these stories, who else would ? Aliens, angels ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-23 06:04:53 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-2-23 04:40
God will make those poster pay in the end.

God will make sure they die like everyone else does.
God will make sure they don't go to heaven and play pool and drink beer all day with topless Waitresses in mini skirts serving and ktv girls giving a full body massage at any time of the day and night.

But they tell you that if you live like this on earth, you will go to hell afterwards. what's the deal?
Is it that one can choose the lifestyle in heaven only on earth or only in heaven?

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-2-23 06:28:35 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-2-22 14:01
Well if "man" didn't write down these stories, who else would ? Aliens, angels ?

You say "write down" as if they actually happened. These are all man-made stories. Absolute fiction.
No need to fight wars while chanting "My God is better than your God". They are all story book Gods.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-23 07:55:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-2-23 09:56
robert237 Post time: 2015-2-23 08:28
You say "write down" as if they actually happened. These are all man-made stories. Absolute fictio ...
No need to fight wars while chanting "My God is better than your God".

I believe humans do not start wars really based on religion. They do so for political and economic reasons.
But they get a lot of fools or uncritical thinkers to fight on their behalf - either actively or in propaganda using the line "My God (or political system) is better than your God (political system)."

Someone's religious faith is often used to needle, provoke or insult them as belonging to a lesser class of human being, just like their nationality, country of origin, color or culture. Since it is difficult for people to rationally counter this, they often pay the offender back on the same coin if they can, or if they feel helpless they fight. That is why it is kept going for so long. I guess it will go on for much longer. The real issue is rarely about what is proclaimed - just like going to war over Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. The real motive is clear to all, but rarely does anyone speak of it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.