Author: knox1234

10 Signs You've Been in China Too Long [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-8 14:00:43 |Display all floors
You've Stopped Saying "Excuse Me" and "God bless You"

Why would you say "god bless you" in China? This is a secular, Communist country. No one cares if you sneeze. And you could say "excuse me" in Chinese (rang yi xia), but assuming that person moved for you, there would still be about 1.3 billion people behind that person in your way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-8 14:01:29 |Display all floors
3AM Is Too Early to Go Home

Remember "last call"? It's the legally enforced alcohol law you used to observe back home, whether you liked it or not. And in many parts of America that's about 1:50AM. Nightlife in China, though, rages until the sun comes up and the ayis take to the streets to do their morning qigong and walk their miniature poodles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-8 14:01:58 |Display all floors
...And 1 Bottle of Wine Is Not Too Much

You used to drink a reasonable, normal human being amount of alcohol. Used to. Now you are dealing with the stress of living in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-8 14:22:59 |Display all floors
Of course, you could have condensed all the above to just one post - but I guess you are chasing a "medal". I have only been here 5 months but there was a sign last week when I realised ....
I was at the veg-weighing place in the supermarket. I grabbed a plastic bag from the tilll and started to pull it away and then a Chinese person tried to grab it from me. A month ago I would have let her have it but NOT this time.  I held on for grim death and got my bag. It's a fight out there .....

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-2-9 13:48:21 |Display all floors
knox1234 Post time: 2015-2-8 13:56
You Genuinely Enjoy Drinking Hot Water and Looseleaf Tea

The occasional glass of hot water is nic ...

A cup of hot water in the baking summertime is very cool.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-2-9 13:58:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-2-8 21:55
What do you call "wine"? Chinese don't drink it. They drink horrible baijiu. That is NOT "wine"! ...

Indeed, spirits such as "men dao lv" or ---even the stubborn donkey would be stumbled-- are very popular than red wine or white wine.

Not becouse wine is not favorited by the general folks, high price and low quality maybe are two of the main reasons, plus here indeed exists the elemnets of drinking habits. Out dining, home made grape wine sometimes is better than the supper market ones. But, beers are plenty and splendid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-10 15:01:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Sikaote at 2015-2-10 15:04
Laine Post time: 2015-2-8 14:22
I have only been here 5 months

That explains a lot.

Let me guess, 'Murican?

I'm right, right?

Arf, arf.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.