Views: 7933|Replies: 36

Can Better Public Toilets Save China's Tourism Industry?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-4 14:59:54 |Display all floors
Experts said that the current state of public toilets in the country leaves much to be desired and should be improved to meet with international tourism standards.
Do you satisfy with the toilets in Chinese tour destinations?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-2-4 15:19:15 |Display all floors
Everything starts with the people using the public toilets....
a good start would be to hit the hole in the middle instead of on the ground as you enter the cubicle..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 16:00:21 |Display all floors
In my experience, ask students to recommend improvements to their school and they immediately talk about toilets!  Listen to the comments of newly arrived women tourists to Asia and they immediately talk about the state of the toilets!
And Asian style toilet facilities are generally poor.  The design is nothing to do with culture, but practice. The design is one step up from holes in the ground. Western style "water closets" (WCs") have only been in use in the west for just over 100 years and their design eliminates odour, encourages cleanliness and provides more comfort. many hotels and restaurants in China now use these.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-2-4 16:15:59 |Display all floors
Of course

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 17:06:43 |Display all floors
of course it helps ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 17:08:13 |Display all floors
The first thing we have to do!!
wind over the water

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 17:22:27 |Display all floors
the situation of the toilets in china may possiblely improve a lot because in my hometown things get better. i remember when i was a little girl the toilets in the public places are extremely terrible you just can't breath when you get into it.
the toilet is one part of the images china shows to the world, so it is also very important.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.