Author: bfsuleo

What do you think of puppy love?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-4 02:13:01 |Display all floors
I think love and falling in love is part of the maturation process. By making it taboo, you not only curb the maturing process but give them less experience of it later in life. Creating such taboos creates instances where chinese couples are still embarrassed to be together even at 25 and it can cause stress on the relationship. Furthermore, learning to balance time between love life and studies is something worth knowing, especially before university level. Interactions like love also teach us much needed people skills, skills you cant get from a book.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 02:18:37 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-2-4 01:46
so called 'puppy love' is where people learn social skills like how to deal with their emotions an ...

I completely agree, I find Chinese students to have (for the most part, not everyone) the social maturity of young teenagers. I had a girl "fall in love with me" during our first cup of coffee, she then started asking if I would move to another city with her. This is literally 20 minutes into the conversation. I have seen many of the foreigners go through similar situations. I think often in our first relationships, we all come across as very needy, we dont know how to go about it and its a new experience. I learned about stopping my own neediness when I was about 16-17 but here we see many 23-27 year olds who still don't have the emotional experience to learn about being independent and I see it as a by-product of this silly rule.

And for a teacher to tell your parents you are dating someone? That is a shocking abuse of power especially if the child is 17, what an invasion of their privacy.

of course, this is entirely a western perspective, one that many chinese may disagree with.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 07:46:18 |Display all floors
Puppy love is a natural and important step in maturing young people, it should in some cases be kept an eye on, but generally it should be left to run it's course.
In school, the only comment ever should be along the lines of, " well, that's great, but, don't forget your studies, love is not an excuse to fail exams"

At home, the only comment ever should be along the lines of, " That's nice dear, do you want tell me about it? " well, that's great, but, don't forget your studies, love is not an excuse to fail exams, (and don't be stupid and get pregnant)"

The reason for such an approach is to help them become grounded in reality once again without attacking them, attacking their feelings and forbidding them will often cause more harm than good. showing them respect however often has the effect of making them think more clearly through the fog of love.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 07:56:07 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2015-2-4 02:03
It's the lack of maturity and understanding of those afflicted that causes puppy love to be so troub ...

It is not a lack of maturity, it is a very normal thing for young people, so is right in line for their level of maturity, if however it were 30 year old adult, then you could say the adult lacked maturity, and therefor was experiencing puppy love at a later stage in life, but, then again, puppy love is also a natural effect of increased hormones, which intensifies the feelings.
But, puppy love is not immature.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 07:57:26 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2015-2-3 23:49
Such a ban is a must-be!

Why, please clarify.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-2-4 08:13:06 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2015-2-3 09:52
puppy love...???????????

what's that?.

Maybe you are not old enough to remember Donny Osmond!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-2-4 08:13:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-2-3 22:31
If you pose such a ponderous question, please tell us: What IS "puppy love"?

Ask Donny Osmond

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.