Views: 6549|Replies: 11

Should kneeling culture abandoned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-2 13:58:05 |Display all floors
It is reported that students in a Henan middle school are asked to kneel in front of a statue of Confucius and get up at 5 a. m. to read  the Taoism classic 'Dao De Jing'.

Is it useful to let these middle school students to read these stuff every day and should this sort of dignity-trampling kneeling culture be dumped?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 14:45:25 |Display all floors
No.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 16:17:02 From mobile |Display all floors
the scene made me sick its like slavery
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 16:18:08 |Display all floors
"Kneeling culture" is simply another name for bullying, hazing, or harassment. It's not correct behavior and it's certainly not productive. While the study of the Analects of Confucius is a worthy endeavor, forcing a student to humiliate himself or herself in public only serves to show that "might is right". The principal of the school should be disciplined for allowing this abuse to happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 16:20:40 |Display all floors
billymillennium Post time: 2015-2-2 15:50
Sikaote's kneeling on the streets is his only hot meal of the day.

arf arf

I heard that Muslims do that 5 x a da, -y! praying!
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 19:03:11 |Display all floors
This's completely unforgiving. Apart from the abuse, how much do the head teacher really know about Confucius? I guess not very much (if he do, he won't let this happen). So, if the principal of school distort the classical education intentionally just to supervise the students, by setting Confucius as a symbol, or metaphor, or just a tool, I think it's absolutely inadequate.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-2-2 19:20:55 |Display all floors
This theme thread has been posted before

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.