Views: 3004|Replies: 9

What do you think of politicians in general? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-30 23:25:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by casseopeia at 2015-1-30 23:27

It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that most people's impression of politicians is negative. But as in all professions, there must be both good and bad politicians. But because it is such a tempting profession, and by that I mean there are many ways to go astray, I would say that those politicians who manage, or even just try, to do good things for the people deserve our utmost respect.

Instead of seeing politicians as liars, I say we should start seeing them as honest and good people, wanting to do good for the world.

What do you say?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-2-1 10:52:23 |Display all floors
All pigs with snouts in the though

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-1 17:01:03 |Display all floors
With the media reports and authoritative information from the government only, we are unable to distinguish good politicians from bad politicians, which makes most people tend to attach corruption and decay to all the politicians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-1 22:03:36 |Display all floors
zhuziqi1001 Post time: 2015-2-1 17:01
With the media reports and authoritative information from the government only, we are unable to dist ...

I agree completely with what you say.

But if we think they're all bad, we make the situation worse. ...Because people often behave as it is expected of them. Have you heard the quote, “Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.” It seems to be true.

Even though we can't tell individually which ones are"good" and which are "bad," I believe that there must be some good politicians that never make it on the news. It can't be possible that they are all bad. I followed the crowd and disregarded the good ones in the past, but nowadays I silently put my faith and hope on the good ones. To me it seems it's not important to know them individually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 13:14:54 |Display all floors
we hav to admit that they r shrewd , money-oriented,represent the interests of their own groups( as the case in westen countries). Maybe China is otherwise, but i still doubt whether our politicians DO represent the mass majority of our chinese folks ?!
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 18:43:18 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-2-1 22:03
I agree completely with what you say.

But if we think they're all bad, we make the situation wor ...

Good point. An honest and upright official in a large ring of corruption in the local political system can rely on nothing but populace. So it's essential for us to trust those good ones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 20:21:41 |Display all floors
zhuziqi1001 Post time: 2015-2-2 18:43
Good point. An honest and upright official in a large ring of corruption in the local political sy ...

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.