Author: admin

Why did I leave US after seven years?[3]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-4 19:40:55 |Display all floors
it's a lot of suffering if you don't like the country you're living in. but in the end, most countries are the same, it's the people you hang out with that makes all the difference...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 23:20:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 23:20:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 23:20:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 23:21:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 23:23:04 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-7 13:42:59 |Display all floors
Any foreigners seek education outside of their own country are literally a ambassador prying for better understanding and appreciation of foreign culture and way of life. Such appreciation leads to networking and promote harvesting of your career.
I have noticed in many Asians venturing into American education system end up graduated well yet end up without really understanding the cultural way of life that they had set foot to pursue their academic goal. Due to language barrier, most Asians would cahoot among their Asian peers and end up with not many American white or black peers and penetrate deep into understanding how they behave and what they think as both an individual and a group. Most Asians brag about successfully achieved their academic goal in the US yet worry being mocked being a minority not able to gel & integrate into the mainstream American Society.
I remembered vividly 18 years back when I invited a Chinese undergraduates to water skiing trip in Virginia. When he arrived at the meeting point, he was instantly shocked that most of my peers were white American. Though he faced lanuguage barrier to communicate with my peers, I told him he should speak up without worrying about his accent and if anyone of my peers would isolate him. The trip was great, and through the skiing trip, he realised that Asians have always try to save face by not voicing out and worry about how others perceive  or make a mockery of them. However, he realised there are Americans would be patiently wanting to befriend Asian friends to better cultivate how & what they think.
I have not heard from my Chinese friend after his graduation, but certainly, that little gesture was a eye opener for him. Likewise, I find foreigners seeking settlement in China are more willing to integrate into Chinese mainstream so in the long term, they will have better ammunitions to arm themselves with the knowledge to work & deal with the Chinese as opposed to us working with them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.