Author: admin

Why did I leave US after seven years?[3]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-2 00:29:06 |Display all floors
The author seems to be the "winner of life  " who has the power to choose the kind of  life she wants to be . As for education , I admire the universities  in the Western country , but I still be confident with the compulsory education system in China .

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-2-2 06:04:04 |Display all floors
Excellent post!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-2-2 06:06:49 |Display all floors
Excellent post! People need to think for themselves, what their heart desires, what they value and make choices that are their own, and not just follow the herd.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 14:50:03 |Display all floors
I take the opposite opition. Chinese education system does great waste to student's inteligence. What they had learned from primary and middle school have few contact with higher education. The most time of the students in China is used to study repeated and useless knowlede and skills.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 18:45:34 |Display all floors
ZhuJon date. 2015-1-31 06:33
                                This article dispels the myth of the superior American education system Chinese parents pay an arm a ...
It sure does, which is why the author went to graduate school in the US, married a man who graduated from a US university, and works at a job sending people to US schools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 18:51:33 |Display all floors
KIyer date. 2015-2-2 06:06
                                Excellent post! People need to think for themselves, what their heart desires, what they value and m ...
"eople need to think for themselves" indeed, what China values most highly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-4 19:03:50 |Display all floors
sfphoto date. 2015-2-1 03:26
                                The U.S. public educational system is not good at all. When I was attending University in California ...
So hating high school is a measure of the quality of the school system? How many Chinese kids "love" high school?

You say "They end up majoring in the three Bs: booze, babes and 'balls", but who is "they"? I went to a state school in the US and majored in literature.

As for only "top schools" in the US being "world-class institutions", I would suggest there are hundreds of world class colleges in the US.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.