Author: BigWang

China to install Linux only computer systems in all education sector: Window ban [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-31 07:08:47 |Display all floors
but could it surely be installed in their home computers?  and how many hours do you think chinese kids spend on their school computers?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 07:15:04 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-1-31 06:17
Thank you for supporting Finnish products.

They know they don't know anything so they just buy from others, wishing they can make it someday.  I wanna say God bless them, but the sad fact is they don't believe in God.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 07:24:29 |Display all floors
animalfarmer Post time: 2015-1-31 07:15
They know they don't know anything so they just buy from others, wishing they can make it someday. ...

Nor should anyone believe in God. Just believe in yourself, seeing is believing and cash is king.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 08:46:47 |Display all floors

This post was edited by casseopeia at 2015-1-31 10:23

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 08:49:52 |Display all floors
Japan has been using Linux for years. Linux is not difficult, because you don't need to be interacting with the command line. When you talk of Linux, you also need to talk of the desktop environment, because that's what people will be using. And it isn't that different from Windows, especially today, because it has been developed by the online community (bless their generosity) to the point where I personally think it looks better than Windows. Ten years ago Linux desktop environments did not look attractive. Not true today.

I never really loved my computer, but ever since I put Linux on it, I started to love it very much, I don't know why. Perhaps it's because Linux gives you much more control over your own system, and it teaches you how software actually works, just from using it; whereas Windows would hide all such processes from you.

In the past, Linux was more difficult to set up but today, it has been made relatively easy. And installation difficulty depends on the distro you are using.

I personally think China should develop their own desktop environments to use with Linux and these should be made freely available to the world. Perhaps there should be a competition to see who can make more attractive desktop environments...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 10:05:00 |Display all floors
Competition is good. Do not think that all westerners like no choice when buying equipment. Mac based software is very popular in USA for example.  Anyway, Linux must be very pleased.
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 10:27:12 |Display all floors
I like friendly competition done for good fun, and you learn things in the process, but when competition starts to make people selfish and mean, is when I think competition has lost its true meaning.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.