Author: bfsuleo

Han: Listen to what elderly want [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-1-30 11:00:23 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-29 17:40
we all know what western family values are like. please keep both your child-rearing methods and how ...

Not all peoples think alike, my parents are in there 80's and like many in the UK value their independance wishing to live on their own and not with any of their kids. This does not mean either they or their offspring care less or have any less love than those in China it is just a different mindset.

When my Grandmother was unable to care for herself she chose to move to a care home where she could be amongst people of her own generation, she loved the attention she got there and the companionship of like minded elders.

How will China cope when the one child of one child gets old? Can all the seniors move in with the kids?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 14:03:30 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-30 08:17
No fools more troublesome than those that think they know it all.

And why don't you mention which ...

thank you for clarifying that you mean:
'children who are out of control'  - but are you referring to America when you say this?

do you include Africa as part of 'the west'?
do you include South America, Australia, the Middle East?
referring to 'the west' as a place is a lazy way of referring to any country outside of China, as each country is quite different.

Europe, where I am from, is VERY different, each country is different: children suing parents and vice versa is extremely rare.

so can you please tell us where you get your information regarding 'the west' so we can all have the benefit of your source material.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 15:34:21 |Display all floors
Really, the warefare of the senior citizens in China needs to be improved. The public should pay more attention to the senior. The happiness index of elderly group in China is not meet with average of other counties in the world. Chinese gov should follow the footstep of European counterparts. There is way more good systems for elderly in Europe. Set up more public entertainment centers for them, the infrastructures shold be more elderly-friendly.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 17:06:55 |Display all floors
Why do you have to use Europe or the USA as a model? And then you wonder why people say all China can do is copy.

My German friend told me that when her mother slapped her, she slapped her mother back. It sounds better than the USA?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.