Views: 2693|Replies: 6

40year old woman marries herself. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-27 16:20:44 From mobile |Display all floors
An African American woman-Yasmin Eleby who couldn’t wait on any man longer decided to marry herself on her 40th birthday—and for this, she has made the headlines.
For her 40th birthday, Yasmin Eleby chose to gift herself with the elaborate wedding she’d always dreamed of—because there was no man in her life to give her that. And at the wedding, instead of the usual vowing ‘to a man’, she vowed to love, forgive and honor herself…
This shocking ceremony was held at the Houston Museum of African American Culture on Saturday, January 3 and Yasmin Eleby had 10 bridesmaids—-three ministers helped with the officiating of the ceremony. According to reports, Yasmin was walked down the aisle and given away to herself by her mother.
Yasmin wrote on her Facebook after the ceremony, “I really don’t have the words to adequately describe the plethora of emotions that I’ve felt over the past few weeks, particularly on Saturday, January 3rd. I was overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support that was shown to me during my celebration of love and life. Shana, Sandra, James, Deidra, Rennette, Brandy, Ben, and Darrell: every word that was said and sung was absolutely perfect for the occasion.
I couldn’t imagine the ceremony being any more poignant and meaningful. You really gave me, as well as everyone in that room, some valuable advice and things to think about. When I was singing ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ and got to the second verse I was instantly struck with the realization that I am indeed flying. I’m doing so many things that I only dreamed about and never thought would be possible. I want to encourage each of you to spread your wings and fly! You are not too old and it’s not too late to try something different, learn a new skill, travel to exciting places, etc….”
Now the big question; what do you think of Yasmin Eleby’s self marrying enterprise? An option for women?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-31 00:03:37 |Display all floors
Well who else would marry that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 11:32:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-31 11:43:51 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-1-31 00:03
Well who else would marry that

senneca is already half way over there after reading this story
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-31 13:32:59 |Display all floors
Homo

Better than a homo wedding.
However another thread that is a waste of space.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-31 16:23:52 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2015-1-31 11:32
otro chancho...

ratas tontas pedo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-23 22:45:05 |Display all floors
stress people

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.