Views: 2188|Replies: 0

Americans in Chinese Films [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-5 11:08:07 |Display all floors
I saw an article on an American website that talked about how Americans are portrayed in several foreign films. The only Chinese movie I've seen with an American character is "Flowers of War." Although Christian Bale is British, I think he is very good at playing Americans. His character seemed rounded, believable, and non-stereotypical.  However, since I haven't seen other Chinese movies with American characters, I cannot say that is typical. How are we Americans generally portrayed in Chinese films and TV? Do we tend to be good guys, villians, or what? What stereotypes are common? If there are multiple American characters, do they generally have distinct personalities? How likely is it that the actor is actually American? And how has the way in which Americans are portrayed changed over time?

The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.