Author: celinawang

How can I make friends with foreigners?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-3 22:16:04 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2015-1-2 05:50
Celina,

One thing no one has dealt with is the fact that you are shy and timid and I imagine this i ...

You seem to be in the spirit of the thing....one might even argue that your zeal is unseemly
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 22:17:43 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-2 15:59
for a start, maybe stop calling them foreigners....when you call someone a foreigner, you subconscio ...

have ye not seen the large signs at Chinese immigration that screams FOREIGNERS? It is always funny to behold
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 22:18:20 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2015-1-2 17:22
So what was it that convinced you that she doesn't understand English?

whilst at it, that she is looking for an English teacher

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-4 02:12:58 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-1-3 22:16
You seem to be in the spirit of the thing....one might even argue that your zeal is unseemly :love ...

Not at all, my zeal is far from unseemly, I've seen too many people seriously damaged by others via the net and in real life to wish such a fate on anyone.  Many young Chinese women (and guys) are far more innocent than their western counterparts and far more easily led in to dark and bad places as it were.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-4 02:45:26 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2015-1-3 22:12
Not at all, my zeal is far from unseemly, I've seen too many people seriously damaged by others vi ...

1. Many young Chinese women (and guys) are far more innocent than their western counterparts and far more easily led in to dark and bad places as it were.
Copy code
I often reflect on that very point. But is it possible to save people from themselves?

This innocence, is it really innocence? I like to ask guys divorced from Japanese women if they'd marry another Japanese. I often get NO. Wiser and error of their ways atoned for.

Damaged by the net? And in real life? Now you have my interest pricked. I like tales from the other side ......cautionary at best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-4 02:49:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2015-1-3 22:51
billymillennium Post time: 2015-1-3 19:14
Speaking of "funny to behold" are the mainlanders passing through Hong Kong immigration, packing e ...

ha ha ha ha hahahahah .yep! That train to Lo Man whatever crossing

I find China fascinating. I was reliably informed that make up is a give away too if all else fails

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-4 10:18:22 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-1-4 02:45
I often reflect on that very point. But is it possible to save people from themselves?

You can't save people from themselves in most cases.  However teaching people to open their eyes and examine their situation dispassionately is a highly effective method of dodging the proverbial bullet.   Young Chinese girls in particular are vulnerable to the lures of us laowai who don't have good intentions, it's the psychological version of the grass is always greener in the next valley.  You can add to this the slick deliveries of many who prey on the young, the suspension of reality that they can create and you can get an idea of the rest Bandito.

As for some of the worst things I've seen (first hand), a woman on IRC back in the mid 90s, she convinced several dozen guys she was in love with them, she was the cause of at least 5 divorces that I am aware of and destroyed the lives of quite a few people.  I was one of the people she tried to lure in to her snare, however I didn't buy her story.   Then there was another girl I knew who was stalked and attacked by a guy she met online, the sad part about that was that the girl was dying of bone cancer at the time.  Want me to continue?

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.