Author: celinawang

How can I make friends with foreigners?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-1 20:39:45 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-1-1 20:14
if you are looking for a foreigner for chat only as a language partner, do not expect them to be you ...

Haha, I done a blog on this and I think you said the exact same thing as me! I completely agree.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 20:46:31 |Display all floors
Like has been said before, being friends with someone cannot be forced. It is natural coming through a match in certain characters and traits, interests and such.

If you just want a langauge partner, that's not really a friend. Language partners are easy to find, you can try using baidu to look for “the mixxer" a very good language exchange website that helps you find a partner online. I have used this before, it's not bad.

As for a friend, approaching someone in the street and asking them is strange, you would never make friends with a Chinese person like this.

Think how you become friends with Chinese people, then just do the same thing with foreigners...
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 20:46:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2015-1-1 16:47
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-1-1 16:14
so, why do you want a 'foreign friend'? ...

purpose to make friendship with foreign (sic)
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 20:48:21 From mobile |Display all floors
celinawang Posted On  6 HourEarlier
I wanna make some foreign friend to chat with me, but how? I'm a little shy and timid when meeting p...

me, too, I also want to make friends with the foreigners.do u also want to improve your English?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 20:51:44 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-1-1 13:45
For outside the forum, why don't you just say to another..'if you want to chat on qq sometime let me ...

why qq? Starbucks is facilitating these things! Un cafe con leche para mi, un zumo de naranja para mi amiga muy fuerte por favor! eso es
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 21:23:19 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-1-1 20:46
purpose to make friendship with foreign (sic)

I would drop the acquaintance of anyone who I thought was only in my company for insincere reasons, and these people are easy to recognise.

At home, only elementary school children would say 'will you be my friend?' and expect a 'yes' in return.

too many people approach me in China asking this question and I know it is for superficial reasons, not friendship as this takes time:
We are not exotic animals to be paraded in front of family and friends.

So be honest, why do you want a friend who is specifically foreign?
Are you trying to fill a list of achievements in your life and having a foreign friend is one of them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 22:54:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2015-1-1 23:47
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-1-1 17:23
I would drop the acquaintance of anyone who I thought was only in my company for insincere reasons ...

I really don't find this sort of approach offensive....We do stuff from a personal point of view mostly. Not always, but mostly.

You should perhaps look closely around you, the answer is often there. If people are looking for foreign friends.....perhaps ask them why? I would if am in a chatty mood. I like to bounce the ball back. Motives are hard to hide.......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.