Author: knox1234

China city bans Christmas in schools, warns over 'Western' culture   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-30 15:05:13 |Display all floors
I think that's necesary !

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-31 06:21:39 |Display all floors
billymillennium Post time: 2014-12-30 18:30
in all honesty, China Daily doesn't add up to an inch worth to even consider being measurable as a ...

Have fun bye

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 07:46:08 |Display all floors
Isolated event. Different voices in China. Don't dramatize. Promoting one nation's own culture is the responsibility of public authorities. those who believe in Christianity can continue to celebrate Christmas but let the public schools systematically organize celebrating events to celebrate Christmas is a different story. no public school in Western countries would do the same for Buddha's birthday, especially at a large scale. Preserving cultural differences will make this planet more colorful. I would hate too see Christmas traditions disappear in Western countries as much as I would hate to see Chinese traditional festivals disappear in this country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 09:07:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Sikaote at 2015-1-1 09:07

Well they don't believe in fairy tales, so who can blame them.

I for one welcome the ban.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 10:02:11 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2015-1-1 09:07
Well they don't believe in fairy tales, so who can blame them.

I for one welcome the ban.  ...

fairy tales are important in any human culture, nobody need to believe it, tales are not to be believed, but to provide dream to children, to make lie somtehing colorfull, happy, and it also meaning about society values. A good example: take a look of architecture of cities like pyonyang where fairy tales are also banned, and take a look of cities like Venisia or Paris. it's exactly the same problem.

I cnnot accept that beijing clique take peopel for dumb and ban a festival for its excess. any festival has excess, but it's up to anyone to make this festival meaningfull and not commercial.

With such poor logic, Chinese new year is also ultra commercial.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 21:39:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-1 15:11
Ah, the typical Chinese sheeple mentality: we get together for a party and let the Communist Party ...

yeah .. thought for a long time and find myself on the wrong way ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-2 08:57:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-1 21:51

why you laughing ..?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.