Views: 4282|Replies: 7

[Cross-culture marriage] betrothal gifts from the bridegroom to the bride's family in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-22 14:56:01 From mobile |Display all floors
As you know, in China, if the man wants to marry a woman, he has to give a lot of betrothal gifts to the bride's parents. Such as money, and rings  and earrings and necklaces. That is also called as Cai Li in Chinese. Normally, the more the man gives to the bride's family, that stands for that he man loves the woman more. And her parents feel proud of their daughter. Or they will feel shameful when people are talking about their daughter's marriage.

Well, how do you think about this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-22 17:48:17 |Display all floors
to give u my honest opinion and the answer is:  IT IS BAD
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-22 18:33:02 |Display all floors
Who cares

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-22 18:39:41 |Display all floors
lionstar Posted On  HalfHourEarlier
to give u my honest opinion and the answer is:  IT IS BAD...

Actually, it's the traditional culture in China. And, if the man doesn't give that to the woman's parents, they would not let their daughter to marry him. it's has been many years already in China. And also, you can understand why the price of houses in China is soooo expensive. but, if you are a Chinese girl, would you like to marry a man who doesn't give you that gift to your parents while others do so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-22 18:41:40 From mobile |Display all floors
dusty1 Posted On  7 MinuteEarlier
Who cares...

The Chinese men and women cares. and if you are a Chinese guy, if you don't have enough money, you can't marry a woman coz your mother-in-law maybe extremely care about it. lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-22 18:44:57 |Display all floors
lionstar Posted On  HalfHourEarlier
to give u my honest opinion and the answer is:  IT IS BAD...

but it has been the traditional culture in China for more than thousands of years already. I'd you were a Chinese girl, will you marry a man who doesn't give that gift to your parents while others do so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-26 09:44:06 |Display all floors
The gift of love is not weighed in the amount of gold, diamonds or money one gives the other. Love is being there for each other. Understanding each other and making comprimises when need be. Love is about two people respecting each other for who they are, not what they have
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.