Views: 1009|Replies: 4

Are traditional family values outdated?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-18 09:16:01 |Display all floors
Editor's Note: How do you define family values? And can traditional family values still work in today’s society? Our forum readers share their insights here and you are also welcome to share yours.

ysyaileen (China)

The concept of traditional value is different from todays. It is equality that makes a family harmonious. I think traditional values are equality, loyalty and love and that can nev ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-18 09:16:02 |Display all floors
A nations culture and traditions are very important to maintain, but values constantly change. Consider the movement in the west from large families who looked after the young and the elderly, to the nuclear family who rely on the state to provide this care. Attitudes and relationships change. Consider how western attitudes to dating, sex, marriage and divorce have changed over the last 50 years.
In China economic factors and one child policies have greatly affected the family. The latest change seems to be the desire among educated girls to follow a career instead of being desperate to marry as soon as possible. Such changes I feel are good, but also can create problems and family conflicts. Maybe it is the  duty of the older family members to try to maintain old values, yet understanding and tolerating change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-23 14:15:40 |Display all floors
A nations Culture and Traditions is evolving out of the interest groups that form the nation, and is continuously changing due to the dynamics of the Nation in Question. The communities that make up a Nation, and the intermarriages that occur both local and overseas, will influence the rate of change of the Nations culture and traditions. The evolution of the modern man and woman makes it impossible to tell a Chinese from a Japanese, an American Chinese to a Japanese, a local Beijing resident from a shanghai residents and so on..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-7 13:24:44 |Display all floors
Maybe the freedom in Chinese families is limited compared that in western ones, But it is still far from oppression. My parents give me freedom of my own affair, and I respect my parents' opinion, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-5 15:31:33 |Display all floors
Why are there some people like Sofie have that impression of Chinese family? As Chinese, who feel suppressd and oppressive in his family?  A little funny!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.