Author: bfsuleo

What do you think of parental monitoring gadgets?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-17 04:37:50 |Display all floors
Some common sense and having a relationship with the child helps. Cost nothing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-17 10:46:09 |Display all floors
I'm 72 and have no children. But I do empathize with the anxiety of the parents. Many people feel that the world is a more dangerous place for children. They read about pedophiles lurking on the web. In fact though, the pedophiles were just as active BEFORE the web. I encountered some in the 1950's. The difference is that, now, news spreads faster and it is exaggerated to gain viewers. Look at how CNN devotes so much time to shootings and disasters; but less time to serious information. That's because the majority of simple people watch superficial exciting things. That's how the networks sell commercials. If I had kids, I'd be curious of course. But I'd try not to spy too much. If you really know your kids, show them love and respect, you'll be able to teach them ways to be safer.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-17 11:39:25 |Display all floors
This will be good to prep the kids for the time when, as adults, all of their activity will be monitored and stored.

After all, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-17 12:33:17 |Display all floors
What's the big deal? If the teacher is worth his/her salt, s/he would welcome such monitoring.
However...
There is the issue of students getting distracted, and of parents projecting a 'witch hunt' mentality onto their children. If parents do not trust teachers, how will the children? That would seriously impact classroom discipline.
Mind you: in this world of crazies, being able to track/locate your child is not necessarily a bad idea. Which brings me to my next point: don't the parents have anything better to do than sit around and monitor their child?
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-17 17:03:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-12-16 23:32
I honestly consider parents who secretly monitor their kids AND OTHERS in school as perfidious. It ...

You may honestly believe as you choose. However, you have not completely understood the meaning of perfidious and are misusing the word.

e.g. England was long referred to as 'Perfidious Albion' because of its treachery to other nations. Now can you begin to understand how strong the meaning of this word is or would you declare the parents as being treacherous?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-18 00:47:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-12-17 21:03
I would say these parents are treacherous owners of children sent to a school whose teachers have  ...

Again, you fail to understand the depth of meaning in both 'perfidious' and now 'treachery' too.  As a non native speaker of English, you could be forgiven for the initial error. However, arrogantly ignoring sound counsel merely compounds and reflects the lack of perspicacity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-19 21:20:34 |Display all floors
  I confuse what motivations do the parents take?do they suspect the capabilities of the teachers?do they worry about their children who may slack off in the class? or do they just want to penetrate into children's lives and get more common conversations with them?
  anyhow,the behaviors are absolutely awful.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.