Author: bfsuleo

Is it fair to have children when you cannot afford them?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-15 10:46:26 |Display all floors
ysyaileen Post time: 2014-11-30 22:34
of course it is unfair!
some family have many children especially in some rural areas. the reason fo ...

It's absolutely damn right! It's so stupid mind that must having a boy in a family.
Maybe it's correct idea in the agriculture society. But in nowdays, I just want to say, it's so foolish.
When you have a child, the best thing you can do is just giving him or her a perfect condition for growing up. Make him or her to be a useful person to the country and society.
That's the right thing to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 16:13:09 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-12-13 00:57
lebeast: Explain why overpopulation doesn't cause poverty and war. Am I missing some important fac ...

I think it is the other way around - poverty leads to overpopulation. In such a situation, birth control use is low, early sex is common, lots of young offspring is advantageous.

Overpopulation in of itself does not necessarily lead to war. It should really be you justifying why it does, not me disproving what is your assertion after all - that's rather lazy of you, old fella

The issue of war is more one of capability to wage it. With a small but disciplined population, the Prussians were able to conquer a large part of Europe and the British made an empire where the sun never set, a component of which you reside in. Was this a single issue, of population pressure?

Considering the open borders Britain now has, to migration from the EU and to understate it, to much of the 3rd world, with little apparent regard to merit, the argument of suicide rather than mongering war seems a better fit.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.