Views: 1566|Replies: 8

Internet, our future driver? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-23 17:37:05 |Display all floors

Even looking back on the revolutionary changes the Internet has brought to our lives, the future its development will create for us is still probably beyond imagination. But what is clear is making the best use of the Internet will be of ever-greater importance to promoting sustainable economic development and social progress.

Innovation has always been a hallmark of the Internet and, with innovation rather than investment needed to drive the economy, the Internet economy will claim an increasingly important role in the nation's future, as is being discussed at the World Internet Conference taking place in Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province.

Already Chinese companies that are seizing the opportunities presented by the Internet are accelerating to claim a place at the forefront of the global industry.

The rise of e-commerce is particularly noticeable in China, where it is common for the majority of young people to make purchases online, which not only saves them time, it also saves them money, as among other things the use of the Internet has proved that the cost of logistics can be greatly reduced.

For the vast rural areas, where the majority of poverty-stricken residents live, the growing popularity of Internet technology will hopefully help lift people out of poverty.

The article in sina.com:http://english.sina.com/china/2014/1120/756374.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 20:30:44 |Display all floors
program drive our future..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 21:24:15 |Display all floors
Chinese internet structure is terrible. Slow connections, Google services are unavailable, lots of pirated software, lots of scams, almost all Chinese websites have terrible design and widespread government censorship.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-11-24 05:55:54 |Display all floors
The computer is the invention needed to make communism not only possible but unavoidable.
Today's computers are already capable of running the economy, infrastructure, and logistics of
the entire world and distribute tasks and wealth in an equitable manner.
There is no longer room for parasitic billionaires to cause such abject poverty for so many.
Soon 85 of the richest people in the world having as much wealth as the lower 3,500,000,000
people in the world will be a horrid memory and children will sit in wonder at how barbaric the
human race was at one time.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-11-24 11:14:04 |Display all floors
pimpernel2 Post time: 2014-11-23 19:02
robert237. I think you should us "practical", instead of unavoidable. I would change " in an equitab ...

Why don't you write your own post instead of telling me what you would change in my post?

Money is not the problem, it is the fair distribution of money that is the problem.
A person with one billion US dollars didn't work 20,000 times longer or harder than the average person.
Nobody works a thousand times longer or harder than the average person but let's cut the greedy
some slack for now and put the absolute limit of personal wealth at no more than 50 million USD.
That's a starting point. Even to get to the point would be nearly impossible because of progressive
tax rates.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-11-25 12:48:21 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-11-24 05:55
The computer is the invention needed to make communism not only possible but unavoidable.
Today's co ...

Robert, I think you have little understanding about computers, they are only as good as the operator and programmer. If they are so good why do the loss making SOE's in china not use them to turn business around?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-11-25 12:50:49 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-11-24 11:14
Why don't you write your own post instead of telling me what you would change in my post?

Money i ...

Back to that old chestnut Robert.

Jack Ma is Chinese, lives and works in China and he is a billionaire, what would you do about him?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.