Views: 11211|Replies: 39

Would you like to do property notarization before marriage?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-17 00:09:51 |Display all floors
Property notarization is no longer new in China. A survey of young people in Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai showed that 65 percent of them would be willing to sign a deal before marriage to avoid any problems in connection with property if they later divorced.

Official figures show that about 9 million couples get married each year in China, some 450,000 couples get divorced after mutual agreement and about 7,000 couples end their married lives in the courts. The number of difficult divorces and the disputes and fights erupting during divorce proceedings have made people aware of the importance of pre-marital property settlement.

Is it an easy task for you to sign or accept pre-marriage property contracts?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 00:19:53 |Display all floors
"Editors Pick"
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-11-17 00:52:02 |Display all floors
Not sure about the figures quoted. The last 5 years the figures released have been raising steadily from 1.2 million each year to 1.5 million for marriage. Whilst it was also stated that on average 68-70% overall ended in divorce within the first 3 years,  which they implied was giving cause for great concern.  One 2nd tier city, had on average 38,000 divorces last year alone.  
Most recently we have a friend who has just purchased an apartment with her soon to be husband. His parents paid the deposit of 300.000 rmb, whilst her parents paid 250.000 for the fitment and completion. Last week she asked if she could have her name added to the title, a blunt NO was the reply, under no circumstances. . Something she should have thought about beforehand I guess.  Already she is having doubts about the future and motive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 03:46:43 |Display all floors
If I truly love the one I prepare to marry, I will not do property notarization.
If I can share my mind, time, and even soul with her, why I still care about property?
But such spouse is too hard to find, I admit that a lot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 05:02:17 |Display all floors
onceaknight Post time: 2014-11-17 00:52
Not sure about the figures quoted. The last 5 years the figures released have been raising steadily  ...

To quote Jiang Zemin: Too young, too naive, too simple.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-17 09:42:24 |Display all floors
Of course I'd have a prenup and not just for the dwellings but also for the money and other goods and so on brought in to a marriage by both sides.  

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 14:15:19 |Display all floors
Just look at Zhang Zizi, her bf at the time wanted pre-nup and she bail immediately.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.