Author: Vintage

Obama’s gum chewing offends Chinese   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-14 18:22:39 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-11-14 01:51
Is Bush snr still high from invading Iraq?

He is in bucolic retirement whilst coaching Jeb

I suspect Bush snr is not responsible for the chaotic mess in Iraq. Inability to see past ethnic divisions and masses of uneducated populace did for them

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 18:22:44 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-11-14 01:51
Is Bush snr still high from invading Iraq?

He is in bucolic retirement whilst coaching Jeb

I suspect Bush snr is not responsible for the chaotic mess in Iraq. Inability to see past ethnic divisions and masses of uneducated populace did for them

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 19:06:35 |Display all floors
I can think of far worse personal habits which originate in the mouth that one could be offended about - smoking and spitting for starters. Personally, I would have thought that the Chinese would have been more offended by his political stance.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-11-17 00:26:27 |Display all floors
Gum chewing offends Chinese! So no-one is offended by both children and adults spitting, peeing and
poo-ing in the street! No-one is offended when someone turns to sneezes, or coughs over you whilst on the train, bus, metro, worst still enclosed in a plane or elevator. No-one is offended when others are spitting or clearing their chest when sitting in a restaurant. Yeah sure ever so polite nation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.