Views: 6847|Replies: 22

Should young people rent or buy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-10 09:54:37 |Display all floors
In many Chinese cities, ordinary workers, especially the youth, have been frozen out of the housing market, while the middle classes struggle to find an affordable home.

Wedding season is upon us, which means that after the “I Dos,” newlywed couples are going to be facing the question of “when are you two going to buy a house and start having kids?” Everyone expects couples to follow the standard plan of get engaged, plan a wedding, get married and then buy a house and start a family.

But is it a must for Chinese youth, especailly those who graduated from universities  and worked in big cities and who is going to get married to buy a home?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-11-10 13:49:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 16:07:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 17:18:24 |Display all floors
To me, Buying a house in the shanghai as an ordinary worker from outside are unimaginable. Actually, I prefer to invest my money in a small biz rather than buying a small house. Frankly speaking, I do enjoy the freemdom of renting a house or a single room.  Just my personal ideas, LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 17:45:11 |Display all floors
this issue wore many couples out -

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-11-10 19:34:58 |Display all floors
Buying is simply rents from the bank who supplied the funds. Lets not forget, unless you buy the property outright, it belongs to the bank or establishment who financed the purchase. So until you actually hand over the very past payment it does not belong to you. I often hear many referring to the purchase of an apartment or property previous to marriage. Usually by the boy or his parents who take delight in boasting they purchased the property, whereas the usually only paid the deposit, the newly married couple must pay the remained each months for donkeys years, 'that's years not ears. Apartment in China are far too expensive at the onset, most then required completion, an estimated figure of around maybe 200 - 250,000 rmb, for what all too often very poor and cheap quality workmanship. em! no thanks. 4 year old buildings here can look like 40 year old building. Property in China is a huge rip-off that keeps the economy turning. Rent or buy? I guess that depends on how long your relationship is going to last, and if you can afford the payments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 20:44:18 |Display all floors
It's hard to live the big city for many young people.Why ont choose the small city to live.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.