Author: hxlgreat

What's the worst thing you ever found in your food? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-13 17:09:31 |Display all floors
Found a green caterpillar in my salad, a live one at that. That happened some twenty years ago in a restaurant in Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-13 17:16:20 |Display all floors
all my bad experiences in restaurants have been in london....
from hairs to finger nails and these were normally in an indian or chinese restaurants....
no issues in china..

if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-13 17:35:35 |Display all floors
In an eggshell: First blunder here. Went to Market as usual, took small basket lined with cloth as I wanted to buy duck eggs (along with the veg and meat I usually get) and get them home safely in my bags. Went to person selling blue eggs, produced basket, asked for three. He gave me a funny look but ....
Anyway, at teatime I heated a little oil in the pan and cracked one of the eggs......they were hard-boiled. The albumen was dark brown, the yolk was dark grey. I chucked the lot in the bin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 10:17:47 |Display all floors
Bacteria leading to food poisoning is the worst I know of. As unpleasant as it may be seeing worms, insects, hair, mucus, and many other things, at least you can see most of it prior to eating. Those facilities or restaurants who's employees or practices are unhealthy usually don't last long as the word gets out regarding how the meal was...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 22:48:40 |Display all floors
what you dont see (doesnt mean they're not there) might not kill you (not physically but mentally) and why not just leave it like that for now  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.