Author: blackielau

Is America a " LIE " [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-7 10:28:12 |Display all floors

another view from an "american"

first of all.
let me start out by saying that although the american government is very bad and is extremely corrupted it does not mean the people of this country are bad.  yes we "vote" them in but if you lived here you would really understand the policies and social aspect of whats going on over here in usa.  red, white and blue means blue, whites ruliing and bruised social structures.
I have been in china, married a chinese woman and have a better gratitude for some very simple concepts that some people are missing out on.

China may be powerful and rising , which i am happy to hear, but it does have its bad points just as other governments do.  The corruption is just as bad, oh what about keeping sars a secret at first?? hmmm? putting the whole world in jeapordy?  chinas recent success in astronomy is a great thing(I am a amatuer astronomer) but when I read news that china thinks they can own the moon, thats when I had to laugh because all of the astronomical, science communites all have agreed many years ago that the moon is off limits to anyone. it is not a territory!!!
yes, bush is a jerk, a very stupid man who cannot even put two words together to form a logical sentence. but its wrong to put down a whole nation of people just because of the system is corrupt.

one last thing..
IF AMERICA IS SO BAD THEN WHY DO CHINESE CITIZENS WANT TO COME HERE SO BADLY????

YES AMERICA HAS ITS LIES JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER COUNTRY.
LOOK TO YOURSELVES AND YOUR FRIENDS TO PUT A FACE OF QUALITY ON  YOUR COUNTRY NOT ITS GOVERNMENT FOR IF YOU DO THEN YOU ARE NO MORE INTELLIGENT THAN PAINT DRYING ON A WALL.

:)

Use magic tools Report

hanlei has been deleted
Post time 2004-7-7 10:32:53 |Display all floors

Oh, man!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-7 11:37:06 |Display all floors

having a discussion here is a joke ...

i've tried to post my reply several times.  it was neither obscene or otherwise offensive.  

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-7 13:28:33 |Display all floors

amen, tsuspasat!!

papertiger, the rainbow ends here, not in euorope or asia. This is at least true when considering europeans and asians and others migrate  here.  Although, this could change, as the end of the rainbow has always changed places throughout history, but for the moment, the rainbow ends here.  

The American dream is often considered to be the owning of a home, not beer drinking.  Your just full of misconceptions.  Why don't you put your rhetoric in a question format, so at least you don't seem arrogant as you claim american's to be?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-7 20:05:46 |Display all floors

Humble questions for mikeghet-san

Velly solly for impertilnent allogance. I notis u spending muck taim on dis bord. Me will tly to relember mi plase in footure. Mi postin was an umble, an mizjided, atempt at poetly wid rimes innid. So solly.

Meanwhile, Mike, here are three questions for you:

1 - Who said: ‘There may be good and sufficient reasons to abide by the provisions of a treaty, and in most cases one would expect to do so because of the mutuality of benefits that treaties provide, but not because ... 'legally' obligated to do so.’

2- Who said: ‘World peace, like community peace, does not require that each man love his neighbor - it requires only that they live together in mutual tolerance, submitting their disputes to a just and peaceful settlement.’ And ‘What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.’

3. Why doesn’t the US pull their military forces out of East Asia, now?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-7 20:52:50 |Display all floors

America is a Lie or is America a Lie. Well of course it is, either way.

But my question is, was that an American that wrote about China owns the moon.

Or China wants to own the moon, I agree with Magic that China only wants her territory returned to her, soon.

Which is much smaller than the moon and located much closer as well.

I read a book once that said that every third American was an Alien and my guess is that is where the plot for MIB and MIB11 comes from.

These alien thoughts belong in Hollywood or a Waxworks.

I thought a new post with the title, great American Liars would be good.

There is a " BIG " list.

Still, it is an American culture thing to lie.

Everyone in America lies from the President with his Iraq and WMD's down through the Fast Food Chains, through the Soda companys through the Airline companys ( planes are full when they have 30 seats) through to even the most ordinary of Americans.

" I can not tell a " LIE ", it was I who chopped down the cherry tree "

Well he could not lie could he, he was the only one home, the only one with an axe and he was standing next to the tree, so it was not that he could not tell a lie, it was that he could not get away with telling the lie.

After all, is it not America, where the attorney teaches, " DENY DENY DENY " until you are proven not guilty and then also America where, if you pay enough, you are not guilty anyway. ie OJ.

Are the words not:

" Oh say can you see, by the dawns morning LIE "

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-8 06:17:10 |Display all floors

is Taiwan really a problem?

I fear that not a single American out there would gladly say they wish Taiwan to be returned to mainland China.
Taiwan even though it has it's mistakes, claims that it is a Democracy. As some chinese would think Democracy is a sham or nothing more than a political tool, the majority of americans would think otherwise.

now WHY?  all the troubles with TAIWAN.
So may I ask, How is Hong Kong?  When are they going to have their direct elections?
I am afraid, that there's absolutely no western nations that support China reunification with Taiwan.
The whole world is leaning on Democracy. The age of Communism died along with the Soviet Union. Your lack of freedom clearly speaks your lack of public and contested knowledge.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.